
Marco Reus Transfer Rumours: Latest News and Gossip on Borussia Dortmund Star
Manchester City "will pull out all the stops" to sign Marco Reus from Borussia Dortmund, according to Jeremy Cross of the Daily Star, and the player has done little to halt rumours about his future.
The Premier League champions are one of many clubs, including Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, linked with a swoop for Reus, who is available for £20 million during the summer. His future is likely to be the cause of much speculation through January.
Continue for updates.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
Reus Fails to Confirm He Will Remain at Dortmund
Thursday, Jan. 22
Reus has stirred up speculation linking him with a move away from BVB by failing to acknowledge he will stay when asked about his future. His interview was reported by the Bundesliga's official website:
"I think [CEO] Hans-Joachim Watzke was right when he said that what’s important for us at the moment is that we’re all fit, that I get back to full fitness and continue to work on my fitness.
Right now it’s irrelevant who says what or when my contract is going to run out. The only thing that matters is the club. It’s not about the individuals, but that we collectively work together to get ourselves out of this situation. That’s what’s important.
"
Manchester City Reportedly Ready Monster Reus Contract
Wednesday, Jan. 21
Manuel Pellegrini recently completed the £28 million signing of Swansea City striker Wilfried Bony, per David Anderson of the Mirror, but is reportedly ready to continue spending in order to bolster the firepower at his disposal. "Starsport understands the champions are willing to make Reus one of the highest-paid stars in Pellegrini’s squad on a deal worth around £200,000-a-week," writes Cross.
Reus is currently linked with the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United, not to mention potential suitors away from the Premier League.

Jose Manuel Garcia of Spanish newspaper El Confidencial previously reported Reus "has agreed a five-year deal at Real Madrid on the same salary as Toni Kroos and Karim Benzema," as translated by 101 Great Goals. This story was denied by Dirk Hebel, the player's agent, who labelled such claims as "blatant nonsense," reported by Stephan Uersfeld of ESPN FC.
Ryland James of AFP believes a significant update will arrive soon:
Football writer Alex Chaffer tweeted the relevant Kicker cover:
Sky Sports' Guillem Balague recently suggested Madrid and Bayern Munich should be considered the most likely to land Reus:
"Both Marco Reus and Real Madrid have denied anything will happen in January but there is no doubt whatsoever that Bayern Munich and Real, amongst many others, are trying to convince him to leave Dortmund. I understand Reus is yet to make a decision yet so we will have to wait and see what he decides.
"

However, Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp has warned Reus and his team-mates of his disappointment should they jump ship after one season of struggle. Sport Bild provide the quotes, reported by Reuters via Yahoo: "If there is a player who would want to leave just because of a one-year absence from the Champions League, then I must have completely misjudged him."
Reus is more than capable of starring in La Liga or the Premier League. His pace, natural dribbling skills and incisiveness make him one of the sport's most elusive players when he's fully fit. Despite niggling injury problems over the last year, Reus has scored six goals and provided three assists in 11 appearances this season, per WhoScored.
City's need for world-class wingers was emphasised during their 2-0 defeat to Arsenal on Sunday. Pellegrini's side spread play to the flanks but failed to deliver quality balls in order to dent the deficit. Jesus Navas was the main culprit after finding team-mates just twice from 19 deliveries into the box during his 75-minute appearance, recorded by WhoScored.
Reus is more than an electric flanker, though, and can burst through the middle to stretch his side's attacking options. B/R UK's Sam Tighe recently analysed the Dortmund star's game:
The player's £20 million buyout fee ensures he will be one of the summer's bargain buys if he leaves the Westfalenstadion. Dortmund are currently one goal from the foot of the Bundesliga table and are unlikely to enjoy Champions League football next season, meaning their top stars are expected to move on.
Reus remains influential when he's fit enough to play. His minimal fee ensures he is worth taking a risk on, as anything higher could put potential buyers off while he continues to spend time on the sidelines.
City would likely have to cash in on one of their stars to satisfy UEFA's Financial Fair Play rules, but the possibility of capturing Reus is perhaps too great to miss.
It seems Reus is destined to choose between Europe's best. He may struggle for playing time at Madrid—such is the quality of Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale—but he would undoubtedly improve any squad in the world. He would instantly slot into City's plans, and indeed, significantly upgrade the options currently available to Pellegrini.



.jpg)







