
Real Madrid Transfer News and Rumours Tracker: Week of January 12
Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti confirmed in December that he is happy with his first-team squad, as per AS (h/t ESPN FC), and it is therefore unlikely that the club will complete any major transfers during the January transfer window.
However, rumours regarding possible incomings and outgoings from the Bernabeu—either in January or at the end of the season—continue to circulate regardless.
The following slides will keep you up to date with any news and rumours surrounding the team's transfer activity.
Done Deals
In: Marco Asensio (Mallorca), Javier Hernandez (Manchester United, loan), Toni Kroos (Bayern Munich), James Rodriguez (Monaco) and Keylor Navas (Levante).
Out: Xabi Alonso (Bayern Munich), Angel Di Maria (Manchester United), Alvaro Morata (Juventus), Jesus Fernandez (Levante), Casemiro (Porto, loan) and Diego Lopez (AC Milan).
Last updated: Friday, January 16
Marco Reus
1 of 4
Friday, December 16
On Thursday, Spanish newspaper El Confidencial (h/t 101 Great Goals) reported that Real Madrid had agreed terms with Borussia Dortmund forward Marco Reus. They stated that the Germany international would sign a five-year deal at the Bernabeu for a salary of €7 million a year.
This report has, however, been rubbished by the player's agent, Dirk Hebel, who told Bild (h/t ESPN FC) that it was "blatant nonsense."
Bild (h/t Sergi Dominguez) report that Reus will make a decision on his future sometime after March. The 25-year-old has a €25 million release clause written into his Dortmund contract and is thought to be wanted by a number of major European clubs.
Paul Pogba
2 of 4
Wednesday, January 13
Tuttosport (h/t AS) report that Real Madrid have made the purchase of Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba their priority for this summer.
The Turin-based newspaper state that Madrid would be willing to pay up to €85 million to secure the services of the France international.
Pogba recently signed a new contract with Juventus through to 2019 but his agent, Mino Raiola, has admitted that "if the time to leave comes" he and his client "will not let it pass.”
Madrid would likely face competition from Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain if they do make a move for the 21-year-old.
Martin Odegaard
3 of 4Wednesday, January 14
Jose Felix Diaz of Marca reports that Real Madrid are confident of tying up the purchase of Norwegian youngster Martin Odegaard within the next few days.
Odegaard spent two days training with the Madrid first team last week and according to internal sources has since confirmed via telephone that he intends to continue his career at the Bernabeu, despite interest from the likes of Ajax and Bayern Munich.
Diaz reports that Odegaard will sign a six-year contract, while his father will also take up a position within the club.
Tuesday, January 13
Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo offered praise to Norwegian youngster Martin Odegaard at Monday's Ballon d'Or gala but the 16-year-old is still yet to commit his future to Madrid or any of his other suitors.
"He has a good future," Ronaldo commented, as per Thomas Jacobs of the Mail. "We must give him time to learn and to take the best decisions, but I see a lot of potential in the player. [He has a] good left foot."
Odegaard, however, refused to be drawn over his future destination when questioned by the Catalan daily Sport (h/t Inside Futbol).
"I do not want to say anything," he told them. "The transfer window is open and there is no difference between me and the other players."
Lucas Vazquez
4 of 4
Monday, January 12
Per Inside Spanish Football, Espanyol have confirmed that they will exercise their option to sign Real Madrid's Lucas Vazquez to a permanent deal in June.
Vazquez joined Espanyol on a season-long loan from Real Madrid Castilla last summer, with a €2 million purchase option included in the contract.
The 23-year-old has quickly established himself as a regular at El Prat, and in the process he has convinced the club to sign him to a long-term deal.






.jpg)







