Cristiano Ronaldo Reacts After Amazing Hat-Trick in Sweden vs. Portugal Playoff
Cristiano Ronaldo insisted Portugal “100 percent” deserve their spot at the 2014 World Cup, after the Real Madrid man netted a second-half hat-trick to sink Sweden.
Portugal won the playoff 4-2 on aggregate, following up their 1-0 victory at home with a 3-2 win at the Friends Arena in Solna on Tuesday.
Per Sky Sports, the Portuguese captain said: "We were better in the first and the second game, I'm happy to once again have helped the team to win. I think we deserved it 100 percent."
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
Ronaldo also responded to claims circulating on Twitter that his celebrations—during which he aggressively pointed at his feet—were directed at FIFA president Sepp Blatter.
Blatter and Ronaldo had recently exchanged a war of words when the FIFA chief appeared to mock the former Manchester United man in a speech to the Oxford Union—per BBC Sport.
But when asked after the match, Ronaldo denied that his celebration was a dig at Blatter.
According to the Sky Sports article, Ronaldo said, “I don't have to respond to anyone, my answers are given on the pitch.”
The match had been billed as Ronaldo vs. Zlatan Ibrahimovic and the pair didn’t disappoint, netting all six goals over the two legs.
The Portuguese man said, however, that the focus for him was his own team—per Sky Sports:
"I do not compete against Zlatan," said Ronaldo. "He is a fantastic player and biggest star in Sweden, but I do not compete against him. I play for my team."
Despite Ronaldo’s remarkable performances for Real Madrid this season, his form for Portugal had been questionable throughout World Cup qualifying.
The 28-year-old netted just four times—three of which came in the one game against Northern Ireland—in Group F as Paulo Bento’s side finished second to Russia.
But his four goals in the last week have further cemented his position as one of the world’s best players, if not the best.
With Lionel Messi on the sidelines, Ronaldo’s recent form may see him surpass the Argentine forward in the voting for the Ballon d’Or.
But Ronaldo admits this is not something he is concerned about, according to Sky Sports:
"I do not live my life obsessed with titles and do not have to show anything to anyone, because I have shown my worth, I've done 40/50 goals every season and it is not within the reach of anyone. I know what I am.
"
The voting for FIFA’s top individual award has been extended until the end of November, which can only help Ronaldo’s cause.
But whatever the outcome is in Zurich in January, football fans will now be able to enjoy watching one of the world’s best footballers at the sport's biggest showcase in Brazil next summer.



.jpg)







