Summer Transfer Window Gossip: Cristiano Ronaldo, Radamel Falcao, David Villa
Cristiano Ronaldo used to be sad. Pretty soon, he could be the world's best-paid footballer.
Ronaldo's contract situation leads this Tuesday edition of the B/R Summer Transfer Window Gossip roundup. Inside, we also have updates on Radamel Falcao, Robert Lewandowski, David Villa and more.
Keep reading for all the details.
Cristiano Ronaldo
1 of 6In a radio interview with El Larguero on Monday (via ESPN FC), Real Madrid president Florentino Perez said he does not intend to sell Cristiano Ronaldo this summer. Instead, Ronaldo could receive a new contract that could make him the best-paid player in the world.
Early in the season, Ronaldo said he was "sad" at Real, but Perez said Monday that the issue has been resolved.
"He told me last summer that he was sad and I told him that we would do everything possible for him to be happy. He had a bad moment but it is over now. Since then, his behaviour has been spectacular - Cristiano has been an example and has not had problems with anyone.
He is the best in the world; we want to build the future Madrid around him. I would like him to be the best-paid player in the world.
"
Ronaldo, 28, has scored 34 league goals in 34 appearances this season. He joined Real Madrid from Manchester United for £80 million in 2009 and is under contract until 2015.
Radamel Falcao, Victor Valdes
2 of 6Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao was set to hold talks Tuesday over his potential transfer to AS Monaco, according to Diario AS (UPDATE: Falcao has passed his medical, according to AS).
Express, meanwhile, is reporting that Barcelona keeper Victor Valdes is also negotiating with Monaco.
Monaco, backed by billionaire owner Dmitry Rybolovlev, are set for a return to Ligue 1 next season and are targeting a place in Europe's elite. Midfielder Joao Moutinho and winger James Rodriguez have already joined for a combined €70 million.
Falcao, 27, will reportedly join the club for a €60 million transfer fee and earn €10 million per year. He would be the most expensive player in French football history. He has scored 28 league goals this season and helped Atletico win the Spanish cup.
Robert Lewandowski
3 of 6Borussia Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp has told Bild (in German) that the club has not received a bid for striker Robert Lewandowski (English version at Goal.com).
Lewandowski, 24, has been linked with Bayern Munich, with his agent claiming a move is imminent (via The Guardian).
Klopp is quoted as saying:
"We have not received an official offer from Bayern Munich as of yet, so I still expect Robert to play for Dortmund next season.
We will make sure that all the speculation about his future ends in the next few days.
I will not be angry with him regardless of what happens. I am looking at this professionally. We will see what happens. Everything's possible.The funny thing is that everybody acts as if it is already a done deal. Jupp Heynckes said so, his agents say so, yet we have not received an offer... What is that all about really? Regardless of the outcome, this is not exactly a nice thing.
"
The Poland international scored 24 Bundesliga goals this season and added 10 more in the Champions League. He joined Borussia Dortmund from Lech Poznan in 2010.
David Villa
4 of 6Tottenham Hotspur have begun talks over a £10 million transfer for Barcelona forward David Villa, according to the Daily Mail. The report also indicates Spurs have renewed their interest in Brazilian forward Leandro Damiao.
Barcelona are willing to sell Villa, according to the report, but they want £12 million for a potential transfer. Spurs are unwilling to meet the price.
The transfer of Damiao would cost around £18 million.
Carlo Ancelotti
5 of 6Manager Carlo Ancelotti's desired move to Real Madrid from Paris Saint-Germain is becoming "difficult," according to FIFA agent Ernesto Bronzetti in an interview with Sky Italia (via AS).
Ancelotti, 53, last week asked to leave PSG and was denied according to Nasser al-Khelaifi in an interview with beIN Sport, via BBC Sport. The Italian, who previously managed Chelsea, AC Milan and Juventus, joined PSG in 2011.
Bronzetti is quoted as saying:
"In two or three days we’ll be in Paris to try to unblock the situation. He decided to leave a while ago, ever since his position was called into question in December. Now PSG are standing in his way because they don’t have any alternatives. They wanted (Jose) Mourinho, but he’s going to Chelsea, and they want to keep Ancelotti.
"
Quick Kicks
6 of 6Striker Alvaro Negredo told AS he could leave Sevilla this summer "if a good offer comes," per ESPN FC.
Zenit St. Petersburg want to re-sign Andrey Arshavin from Arsenal, according to the Russian club's manager Luciano Spalletti. The forward is also drawing interest from MLS, Turkey and the Middle East, according to the Daily Mirror.
FIFA agent Ernesto Bronzetti said striker Gonzalo Higuain is 70 percent likely to join Juventus from Real Madrid in an interview with Sky Italia, per Football Italia.
Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, 21, tweeted on his personal account that he wants to remain on loan with Atletico Madrid for another year, via Marca.
Lyon manager Remi Garde told RMC that Clement Grenier, 22, can stay with and improve at Stade de Gerland. Arsenal are thought to be interested in the midfielder, via ESPN FC.






.jpg)







