If Dallas wins, they'll go from second place in the NFC East to the winner of the NFC East. The Cowboys and Chickens would have identical 4-2 and 9-3 divisional and conference records, with a Cowboys win. While Dallas defeated Philly earlier this year, a win would give the Cowboys the trump card with a 2-0 mark against the Eagles.
With a win against Philly and if the Minnesota Vikings and Arizona Cardinals both lose, Dallas would have the second seed in the NFC playoffs and a bye next week. Feel free to ask the specifics once I complete my Probability and Statistics Analysis distance learning degree from Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Of course if Philadelphia wins, all bets are off. I have to think Philly wants this win also especially if it comes with a first-round bye to give Donovan McNabb a chance to heal from the beating he has taken this season.
So, let's examine further.
Five Reasons Why the Dallas Cowboys will defeat the Philadelphia Eagles
1. Tony Romo is hungry and ready to prove to Pokes fans that he can win late in the year and what better opportunity than against the hated Liberty Chickens?
2. Dallas' defense will again give Donovan McNabb nobody to throw to and will give him so many headaches he'll regret downgrading from a four-point to a two-point chinstrap.
3. Because Wade Phillips knows that if Dallas loses and embarks on a quick playoff exit, it could very possible be Mike Shanahan, Bill Cowher, or Brian Billick on Dallas' sidelines next season.
4. Miles Austin will have a career day against the Eagles.
5. Dallas wants to make sure the Eagles' first visit to Cowboys Stadium, i.e., The House That Jerry Built, is a very forgettable one for the visitors.
Why the Philadelphia Eagles will defeat the Dallas Cowboys
1. McNabb has a very disturbing knack for playing huge games against Dallas when Cowboys fans think he's on the ropes, especially when there's whispers that he doesn't have "it" anymore.
2. Andy Reid, the Eagles' coach, has been successful against Dallas in the past and there's no reason to believe he be won't now.
3. Romo will revert to gunslinger mode and throw too many passes that are foolish beyond explanation.
4. McNabb will show the NFL that Dallas' secondary still has many problems.
5. Shaun Suisham will choke and will prove to Cowboys fans he's not a sufficient replacement for Nick Folk.
(Yes, I call the Eagles the Chickens and sometimes call McNabb "McCrybaby". In reality, while I hate the Eagles as a team, I have a ton of respect for them. Even when they're having an off year, Dallas can't take them lightly).
I see a very close game. Dallas 27, Philadelphia 24.
Richard Zowie's a blogger for Bleacher Report. Post comments below or e-mail Richard directly at email@example.com .