Floyd Mayweather Advisor Says No Offer Was Extended for Super Fight
We learned last weekend from the Pacquiao camp that they made an offer to Floyd Mayweather for the super fight that everyone wants to see.
Team Mayweather didn't get the memo.
According to Fightnews.com on July 19, there was no deal made.
The online boxing publication talked to a member of Team Mayweather.
Leonard Ellerbee, the longtime advisor to Mayweather, said that there was no deal made and that somebody is fabricating the truth.
"Here are the facts," Ellerbee said in a Team Mayweather statement.
"Al Haymon, Richard Schaefer and myself speak to each other on a regular basis, and the truth is, no negotiations have ever taken place, nor was there ever a deal agreed upon by Team Mayweather or Floyd Mayweather to fight Manny Pacquiao on November 13. Either Ross Greenburg or Bob Arum is not telling the truth, but history tells us who is lying."
Haymon represents the Mayweather camp in fight negotiations. Schaefer works for Golden Boy Promotions.
Greenburg represents HBO Boxing and Arum is the promoter for Top Rank Promotions.
Is this another message that Mayweather is sending through one of his handlers?
Mayweather should be man enough to confirm or deny the statement.
He needs to say that he's not ready to box right now.
If this was a mandatory title defense for Mayweather, he either has to fight the next man up, or lose his belt.
I wish it would've happened that way.
There would be no way that Mayweather could duck Pacquiao.
We get tired of analyzing the 10 (just exaggerating) scenarios that could go in either direction.
To Floyd's credit, he fought Juan Manuel Marquez in 2009.
His injury in camp pushed the fight back from the original July date of last year.
I think Floyd has to choose his words carefully when discussing the match with Pacquiao.
He may have a little doubt that his 41-0 record could be in jeopardy.
The Pac Man wants his fists to do the talking.
I doubt they will.
I'm still on Mayweather's jock.
That's what some of my boxing fans who react to my articles expect to hear.
In fact, I'm begging Mayweather to pick up the phone and call Top Rank now.
He can say, "I'm all in."
Or he can pass up the offer, if there ever was one.
"Money" has another mouthpiece speaking for him.
All the people who work for him want to go back to work.
That's probably 30-40 people that's added to the State of Nevada unemployment list who are out of work right now.
You know it probably takes someone to cook for Mayweather, tie his shoes, hold the heavy bag, wrap his hands, security watching his back, etc.
Don't put your workers on hold, Floyd. You're not ready to make a decision.
The fans that agree with me on you whupping Pacquiao are on hold too.
Then we can anticipate the day that the super fight takes place.
Your beatdown on the Pac Man will be the sweetest display of boxing in a while.
Let us wait for the day you decide to accept the offer, if there ever was one, according to your advisor.


.jpg)






