Hasim Rahman, the Lennox Lewis Conquerer, Is Back
Former WBC, IBF, and IBO world heavyweight champion Hasim “The Rock” Rahman defeated an overmatched Shannon Miller to earn a fourth-round TKO victory Saturday night at the Niagara Falls Conference Centre in New York.
Rahman (47-7-2, 38 KOs), who survived several shootings working as an enforcer for drug dealers in Baltimore during his youth, has now won two consecutive fights since he announced his comeback late last year.
“This is just what I needed to let me know that if Hasim Rahman of old wants to resurface, I’ve got to do a lot more,” said Rahman, 37, who retired shortly after he lost to Wladimir Klitschko (54-3, 48 KOs) by a seventh-round TKO in December 2008. “I’ve got to get back to basics first.”
Miller (16-5) would struggle in the ring against Clay Aiken and it is concerning that a fighter of his lowly caliber was able to even remotely stun Rahman.
“When I hit him, it was, ‘Hey, all of a sudden something good could happen here,’” said Miller. “Hey, I tried.”
As evidenced by the fact that he was able to survive the streets of Bodymore, Murdaland, Rahman is obviously a very tough guy.
However, even tough guys lose something with age and Rahman should abort his comeback and hang up his gloves for good.
“For a lot of these guys, boxing is all they know and it’s the only way for them to make money,” said Ed LaVache, the owner of the Boston Boxing Club in Allston. “So, they keep fighting until the fight is lost in them.”
Rahman will inevitably keep fighting until the “fight is lost in” him.


.jpg)






