NFLNBAMLBNHLWNBASoccerGolf
Featured Video
Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals 🔥

Pacquiao-Mayweather Match Derailed as Floyd Takes One To Two Years Off

Leo ReyesJun 5, 2010
In a TV interview during the "Make A Wish Foundation" charity affair, undefeated American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. said he is taking a one- or two-year leave of absence from professional boxing.
Mayweather's statement shocked the boxing community as talks of a Pacquiao-Mayweather match have created firestorm in broadcast and print media, as well as Internet sports sites during the past six months.
However, Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum has yet to confirm or deny the news article written by Ronnie Nathanielsz for Philboxing website.

TOP NEWS

Fox's "Special Forces" Red Carpet
Colts Jaguars Football
Boxing fans from around the world are hoping to hear the latest news on Arum's on -going negotiation with Golden Boy promotion's Richard Schaefer, who is representing Mayweather in the fight negotiations, when Arum faces the media after the Cotto-Foreman fight which is scheduled on June 5.
It was reported earlier that Pacquiao and Cotto will figure in a rematch if the Puerto Rican boxer wins over Yuri Foreman on June 5 at the Yankee Stadium in New York.
Arum is expected to make an announcement, or at least confirm or deny the reported action by Mayweather.
His failure to give any plausible reason for taking one or two years off is certain to fuel claims that Mayweather was scared to fight Pacquiao because of the chance that he could lose the battle as well as his undefeated record, Nathanielsz said in his report.
Pacquiao and Mayweather were scheduled to fight last March 13 at the MGM Grand Garden arena in Las Vegas, Nevada but fight was called off due to disagreement on drug testing protocols.
Pacquiao kept the March 13 match schedule, but took on Joshua Clottey of Ghana in a lopsided fight at the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The Filipino boxer won via a unanimous decision.
Last May 1, Mayweather fought Shane Mosley and likewise won via a unanimous decision.
Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals 🔥

TOP NEWS

Fox's "Special Forces" Red Carpet
Colts Jaguars Football
With Jayson Tatum sidelined, Celtics' fourth-quarter comeback falls short in Game 7 loss to 76ers
DENVER NUGGETS VS GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, NBA

TRENDING ON B/R