Bundesliga Is Back, Manchester United Week, KBO and More to Watch This WeekMay 11, 2020
The return of live sports gets a big jolt this week with the restart of the Bundesliga in Germany after two months of suspension. And while soccer is back in Europe, baseball is back in Asia, as the Korean Baseball Organization has begun its season. And the cherry on top of the week is the final pair of episodes of The Last Dance on Sunday night.
Bundesliga Is BACK
The German first division is the first major sports league in Europe to resume play. Matches begin again Saturday, picking up from the spot on the schedule when the suspension began and continuing in the original order. All teams are being tested frequently for the coronavirus. There will be limited people inside the stadium and no fans. The season is set to finish by the end of June as each team has 9-10 matches left. Bayern Munich has a four-point lead at the top of the table.
Matches on TV (all times Eastern)
Borussia Dortmund vs. Schalke 9:30 a.m. on FS1
RB Leipzig vs. Freiburg 9:30 a.m. on FS2
Eintracht Frankfurt vs. Borussia Monchengladbach 12:30 p.m. on FS1
Union Berlin vs. Bayern Munich Noon on FS1
Werder Bremen vs. Bayer Leverkusen 2:30 p.m. on FS2
The Last Dance Finale, Episodes 9 and 10 9 p.m. Sunday on ESPN
It's the fifth and final Last Dance Sunday. ESPN will air the documentary's last two episodes, which were only finished in recent weeks while early episodes aired. We'll see the final act of Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls' sixth title run that capped one of the greatest dynasties in sports history.
Need to catch up on any of the first eight episodes before the last two? ESPN will air them in marathon form beginning at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday leading into the finale. If you want to watch them all on-demand, go here. And for even more MJ, check out the best of No. 23 in the NBA's "Jordan Vault" playlist on YouTube.
Like the Bundesliga in Europe, the KBO is the first major sport in Asia to restart play, as it began its season last week. ESPN2 will broadcast live games and replays from around the league. Here is the full schedule. And to help you get a little more familiar with the league, check out this season's viewer's guide and this Twitter thread highlighting one of the league's calling cards: huge bat flips.
TaylorMade Driving Relief 2 p.m. Sunday on NBC, NBCSN, Golf Channel, and streaming on PGA Tour Live
Live golf returns to TV this weekend with a special charity event. Here's how it will look:
● Rory McIlroy and Dustin Johnson vs. Rickie Fowler and Matt Wolff
● 18-hole skins match
● Seminole Golf Club in Juno Beach, Florida
● $4 million in donations to American Nurses Foundation, CDC Foundation, and Off Their Plate
NASCAR Cup Series at Darlington Sunday at 3:30 p.m. on Fox
There won't be fans, but there will be speed when racing returns Sunday afternoon in South Carolina. NASCAR had only run four races before its suspension, leaving most of the season left, now scheduled to finish in November. Kevin Harvick and Joey Logano have the early lead in the points standings.
On B/R Live: Manchester United Week
We're celebrating Manchester United this week, with Red Devils' Champions League matches, MUTV documentaries and club specials featured across B/R Live. All of these individual match replays and programs are free to stream. Featured matches include two all-time classic Champions League finals: 1999 vs. Bayern Munich and 2008 vs. Chelsea.
B/R Live on IG Live
Join us for two more fan Q&As this week on Instagram Live, when we'll be joined by the NLL's Kyle Jackson on Tuesday and AEW's Lance Archer on Wednesday. Go here to watch last week's Q&A with Toronto Rock forward Tom Schreiber. Head to @BRLive on IG this week to submit questions and tune in.
The News, Fast
New Details on Capital One's 'The Match: Champions for Charity'
● Who: Tiger Woods and Peyton Manning vs. Phil Mickelson and Tom Brady
● When: 3 p.m. Sunday, May 24
● Where: Medalist Golf Club in Hobe Sound, Florida
● TV: TNT, TBS, TruTV, and HLN, with pre-match coverage in the B/R app
● Format: Four-ball (best ball) on the front nine, modified alternate shot on the back nine
● Fundraising: $10 million toward COVID-19 relief charities like the American Red Cross, Direct Relief, and Save Small Business; all four athletes will also contribute to the All In Challenge
● Watch a conversation with TNT host Ernie Johnson and Tiger, Phil, Peyton and Tom here, and read all the details on The Match here.
Bleacher Report @BleacherReport
Phil came out talking trash, but Tiger had the green jacket ready 😂 It's @TigerWoods & Peyton vs. @PhilMickelson & @TomBrady 🐐 Capital One's The Match is on May 24 at Tiger's course, The Medalist, only on TNT. Full interview in the B/R app https://t.co/99p5H7EB4W https://t.co/5BJkMzl9dT
NFL Schedule Release Recap
● Opening Thursday Night: Texans at Chiefs (Sept. 10, tentatively)
● TB's TB debut: Buccaneers at Saints — Brady vs. Brees in Week 1 (Sept. 13)
● Playoff rematch: Titans at Ravens in Week 11
● Thanksgiving (Week 12): Texans at Lions, Washington at Dallas, Ravens at Steelers
● Christmas Day (Week 16): Vikings at Saints
● Week 1 betting lines are here
● Every team's full schedule
● Win-loss predictions for each team
Sports Internet, Quarantined
This dad's reaction to his son's first home run is the most wholesome thing we've seen all year.
Pots and Pans and Pingpong Balls
Creativity level: one thousand.
Feedback or suggestions on our newsletter? Let us know what you think at email@example.com.