
Cowboys News: Jerry Jones to Meet with Dez Bryant as Contract Rumors Swirl
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is angling for a sit-down with wide receiver Dez Bryant.
Speaking to reporters at the NFL's spring meetings Tuesday in Orlando, Florida, Jones said he wants to speak with Bryant as speculation continues to swirl that he may not be a part of the team's future.
"We need to talk, and I certainly have not had a thought about talking with him that did not anticipate him being with us," Jones said, according to Rob Phillips of the team's official website.
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
Colts Release Kenny Moore

Projecting Every NFL Team's Starting Lineup 🔮

Rookie WRs Who Will Outplay Their Draft Value 📈
Jones added that the conversation, which he wants to occur by the end of next week, will be "really straightforward" and "candid," per the Dallas Morning News' David Moore.
Bryant is coming off a disappointing 2017 season that saw him manage just 69 receptions for 838 yards and six touchdowns. According to the Dallas Morning News' Jon Machota "declining production has the Cowboys looking for their No. 1 receiver to take a pay cut."
The 29-year-old owns a $16.5 million cap hit in 2018. However, the Cowboys could cut him with a post-June 1 designation and save $12.5 million this season.
"We have addressed guys in the prime of their careers' contracts before," Jones said earlier this month, per Machota. "We have made adjustments in their contracts. You continue to look for ways to improve your value on your roster. But Dez has a history with me and the Cowboys of working with his money. He's not the only one that that's happened."
If Bryant ultimately returns to Dallas, he'll rejoin a receiving corps that has received a facelift throughout free agency thanks to the additions of Allen Hurns and Deonte Thompson.

.png)





