
WWE's Mark Henry Denies Rumor He's Retired; 'There Is Still a Lot I Can Do'
Longtime WWE Superstar Mark Henry refuted a report Wednesday that suggested he had retired from professional wrestling.
According to SI.com's Justin Barrasso, Henry said: "I am not retired. There is still a lot I can do."
Last week, Steve Carrier of RingsideNews.com cited a report from Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that the World's Strongest Man was "pretty much" retired from wrestling.
TOP NEWS

Fresh Backstage WWE Rumors 👊

Modern-Day Dream Matches 💭

Most Likely Backlash Heel/Face Turns 🎭
Henry wrestled just three times in 2017, and his most recent in-ring showing came at WrestleMania 33 when he competed in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal won by Mojo Rawley.
While Henry said he isn't officially retired, he suggested to Barrasso that his primary focus is spending time with family:
"I love the WWE, I love the company, but I have two kids, and they want me home. They want me to see their recitals and sporting events, and I want to see them grow and evolve. My dad didn't live with me when I was growing up, and he missed so much. I am not going to repeat that."
Now 46, Henry is among the longest-tenured Superstars in WWE, as he signed with the company in 1996 after competing in weightlifting at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta.
Henry's character has undergone multiple evolutions during his time with the company, but his greatest success came in 2011 when he turned heel and won the World Heavyweight Championship for the first time.
He is also a former European champion and ECW champion, but his value to WWE has far exceeded his ability to win titles.
While spending less time in the ring, Henry has served primarily as an ambassador for WWE, working closely with organizations such as the Special Olympics.
Listen to Ring Rust Radio for all of the hot wrestling topics. Catch the latest episode in the player below (warning: some language NSFW).



.jpg)


