
Reggie Lynch Denies Sexual Assault Allegations, Requests Appeal Amid Suspension
An attorney for suspended University of Minnesota basketball player Reggie Lynch said Wednesday his client "categorically and vehemently" denies allegations of sexual assault.
Rochelle Olson and Brandon Stahl of the Star Tribune reported Ryan Pacyga confirmed the Golden Gophers center is seeking an appeal hearing. Lynch was not present at the press conference.
The 23-year-old Minnesota native was suspended from the basketball program and banned from the school's Minneapolis campus until Aug. 1, 2020 last week following an investigation by the Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Office that started in the fall, per Scott Gleeson of USA Today.
TOP NEWS

NCAA Tournament Expansion Official 🚨
.png)
UConn's STACKED Schedule ☠️

Report: Biggest Spenders in Men's CBB 🤑
Gleeson noted Lynch requested a review from the Student Sexual Misconduct Subcommittee, which allows him to practice with the Gophers and remain enrolled in the school for the time being.
Pacyga said his client is "eager to clear his name" and is considering all options, including the possibility of leaving the school rather than continuing the appeal process.
"I think, what I have to operate on, is Reggie Lynch is falsely accused and if you want to put a label on it you're welcome to put a label on it," he said. "But anytime someone is dealing with allegations and saying 'I didn’t do this' and you're accused in such a serious situation, I think anyone would feel victimized by that."
The press conference came a day after a third accuser provided details from the EOAA Office investigation related to an incident in April 2016, according to the Star Tribune. The other two allegations stem from the same month.
Lynch started his college basketball career at Illinois State in 2013. He transferred to Minnesota in 2015 and appeared in 49 games for the Gophers before the suspension.



.jpg)






