
Arsenal Transfer News: Latest Rumours on Jonny Evans and Theo Walcott
Arsenal and Manchester City have reportedly approached West Bromwich Albion about a potential January move for Jonny Evans.
According to James Ducker of the Daily Telegraph, the two Premier League giants are keen on adding the centre-back to their ranks in the current transfer window.
"West Brom are thought to want around £25 million for Evans, who has 18 months left on his existing contract at the Hawthorns and indicated to the Midlands club, currently second bottom of the Premier League, that he would be unwilling to sign a new deal," Ducker noted.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
Simon Stone of BBC Sport also reported there is interest in Evans from City and the Gunners, suggesting the Northern Ireland international would prefer to move to the Etihad Stadium:
Per Ducker, both Arsenal and City had bids turned down for the West Brom man at the end of the summer window.
Evans has been part of a Baggies side that is on a 20-game winless run in the Premier League. However, he’s remained a consistent performer and is proven as one of the most dependable defenders in English football’s top flight.
Sam Lee of Goal believes that if City were to bring in Evans, he would only be a short-term option for Pep Guardiola:
Arsenal continue to struggle defensively, and as was evident in their 4-2 FA Cup loss to Nottingham Forest on Sunday, they have a lack of depth in this area. Anyway, even with their full-strength side out, Arsene Wenger’s side rarely inspire confidence in their work at the back.
Evans may not be a glamorous name, but he’d add consistency and reliability to the Gunners. However, some will view the fee quoted for the 30-year-old as excessive, especially given the troubles his current side have endured in 2017-18 so far.
Theo Walcott Wants Loan Move

According to Chris Wheatley of Goal, Arsenal forward Theo Walcott wants to leave the club on loan in January to enhance his slim chances of making it into England’s squad for the summer’s FIFA World Cup.
In the report, it’s suggested both Everton and Southampton are interested in signing the Arsenal man, who is the Gunners’ longest-serving player. Saints manager Mauricio Pellegrino has confirmed the club’s interest in Walcott.
Asked about the 28-year-old’s future at the Emirates, Wenger said he wanted him to stick around. "I want him to stay," he said, per Wheatley. "I heard about Southampton's interest, but I want him to stay."
The England international has yet to start a Premier League game this season, with the summer arrival of Alexandre Lacazette bumping him down the pecking order. Commentator Ian Darke believes it’s imperative Walcott moves on:
The Arsenal No. 14 netted 19 times last season, proving he still has something to offer. Indeed, someone with an eye for goal and blistering pace will always be useful in the Premier League.
Unsurprisingly, his sporadic appearances have yielded inconsistent displays, and Walcott will feel that with regular football he will be able to find a higher level. He will surely have to depart Arsenal if he’s to get the minutes he will be craving.



.jpg)







