Knicks' Michael Beasley Has Philosophical Discussion over Words and Brain Power

Andrew Gould@AndrewGould4Featured ColumnistSeptember 26, 2017

It seems like it requires more than 10 percent of the brain to keep up with Michael Beasley's thoughts.         

Luckily, that limit on a human's brain power is just a myth, but the New York Knicks forward pondered that idea when discussing the power of words in SNY's Timeout with Taylor Rooks podcast. 

The conversation with Rooks took a turn when he asked, "Who was the guy that used 11 that made it OK to say everybody is just using 10?"

Rooks argued everyone operated with 10 percent of their brain. Beasley, however, insisted that someone only using 10 percent could not know about the other 90 percent not being utilized.

"I'm the first person in the world, right?" Beasley asked. "Say I'm Adam, and I wrote that we can only use 10 percent of our brains. That means I would have to surpass the number of percent."

He also said all words needed someone to attach a meaning to them when they're first used.

Later in the interview, he said, "I believe everything we speak comes into fruition." The Knicks open the 2017-18 regular season Oct. 19, and he implored fans to stay positive and "speak us into the playoffs."

"I've been going through so much ridicule," Beasley said, "so if I say something and it don't happen, I don't care."    

[SportsNet New York]

Related

    Blazers Clinch Playoff Berth 💪

    NBA logo
    NBA

    Blazers Clinch Playoff Berth 💪

    Megan Armstrong
    via Bleacher Report

    Jazz Ruin Booker's 59-Pt Night

    Utah beats Phoenix 125-92 despite Devin Booker's 59 pts (19-34 FG) and 5 threes

    NBA logo
    NBA

    Jazz Ruin Booker's 59-Pt Night

    Utah beats Phoenix 125-92 despite Devin Booker's 59 pts (19-34 FG) and 5 threes

    Phoenix Suns
    via Phoenix Suns

    Report: Raps Increasingly Confident They Keep Kawhi

    NBA logo
    NBA

    Report: Raps Increasingly Confident They Keep Kawhi

    Rob Goldberg
    via Bleacher Report

    Knicks Should Hope D-Lo Is Blueprint for DSJ

    New York Knicks logo
    New York Knicks

    Knicks Should Hope D-Lo Is Blueprint for DSJ

    SNY
    via SNY