
Derek Jeter Reportedly Told MLB He Doesn't Have Enough Money Yet to Buy Marlins
Derek Jeter, who is heading a group that has expressed interest in buying the Miami Marlins, told Major League Baseball on Thursday he doesn't have the funds necessary to complete the purchase, according to the Associated Press (via ESPN.com).
Jeter is reportedly "still seeking help from other investors" after his group submitted a bid of approximately $1.3 billion to purchase the South Florida franchise.
Jeter had previously teamed up with Jeb Bush to make a run at buying the Marlins, but the AP (via the Washington Post) reported May 30 that the former Florida Governor dropped out.
TOP NEWS

Assessing Every MLB Team's Development System ⚾
.png)
10 Scorching MLB Takes 🌶️

Yankees Call Up 6'7" Prospect 📈
A person familiar with the negotiations told the AP on Thursday that "multiple groups" are still bidding for the right to take control of the Marlins.
One of those groups is headlined by Tagg Romney—the son of former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney—former Arizona Diamondbacks general manager Dave Stewart and Hall of Fame pitcher Tom Glavine.



.jpg)







