NFLNBANHLMLBWNBARoland-GarrosSoccer
Featured Video
Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢
MOENCHENGLADBACH, GERMANY - MARCH 19: Kingsley Coman of Munich is seen prior to the Bundesliga match between Borussia Moenchengladbach and Bayern Muenchen at Borussia-Park on March 19, 2017 in Moenchengladbach, Germany. (Photo by Lukas Schulze/Getty Images )
MOENCHENGLADBACH, GERMANY - MARCH 19: Kingsley Coman of Munich is seen prior to the Bundesliga match between Borussia Moenchengladbach and Bayern Muenchen at Borussia-Park on March 19, 2017 in Moenchengladbach, Germany. (Photo by Lukas Schulze/Getty Images )Lukas Schulze/Getty Images

Manchester City Transfer News: Latest Rumours on Kingsley Coman and Yaya Toure

Christopher SimpsonMar 24, 2017

Bayern Munich are reportedly unwilling to exercise their option to keep Kingsley Coman permanently, which could allow Manchester City to snap him up.

According to the Mirror's David McDonnell, Bayern boss Carlo Ancelotti "is said to be unlikely to" activate the clause that will make his two-year loan spell from Juventus into a permanent transfer, with City prepared to offer £40 million to sign him instead, having scouted him extensively.

L'Equipe (h/t Get French Football News) reported that City are willing to pay €50 million for his services, but McDonnell's report conflicts with the French outlet's in terms of Bayern's willingness to keep him—according to L'Equipe, the German side would be "highly unlikely" to let him go.

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports

Indeed, per Calciomercato.com, Ancelotti recently said: "The idea is to keep him here also for the next season."

Injuries have restricted the 20-year-old to only 631 minutes of play in all competitions this season across 18 appearances, meaning he has averaged just 35 minutes on the pitch per outing.

He had a much more substantial campaign last year after being brought to the club by Pep Guardiola, now in charge of City, and contributed six goals and 12 assists in all competitions.

Here's a look at his highlights:

The Sky Blues aren't in desperate need of more wide men in the summer thanks to the form of Raheem Sterling and Leroy Sane.

Goal's Sam Lee hailed the impact of both players:

With the pair alongside either Sergio Aguero or Gabriel Jesus next season, and with Nolito also on hand to provide cover, attempting to prise Coman away from Bayern needn't be a priority.

The Frenchman is another exciting prospect who has thrived under Guardiola, though—he'd give City even more strength in depth.

BOURNEMOUTH, ENGLAND - FEBRUARY 13: Yaya Toure of Manchester City during the Premier League match between AFC Bournemouth and Manchester City at Vitality Stadium on February 13, 2017 in Bournemouth, England. (Photo by Catherine Ivill - AMA/Getty Images)

Meanwhile, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport (h/t Charlotte Duncker of the Manchester Evening News), Inter Milan are eyeing Yaya Toure on a free transfer this summer.

The Ivorian's deal expires at the end of the season, and he's yet to be given a new contract.

Lee believes Toure still has something to offer City and explained why the club could use players like Coman:

The midfielder will turn 34 in May, so as excellent as he's been for City—and still can be on occasion—they need to look to the future.

As for Toure, the slower pace of Italian football could suit him now he's older, and he could be a shrewd signing for Inter given he'll join for free.

Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports
United States v Japan - International Friendly
FIFA World Cup 2026 Venues - New York New Jersey Stadium

TRENDING ON B/R