NFLNBAMLBNHLWNBASoccerGolf
Featured Video
Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢
MUNICH, GERMANY - MARCH 11: Forward Kingsley Coman (29) of Bayern Muenchen and Midfielder Aymen Barkok (28) of Eintracht Frankfurt fighting for the ball during the 1. Bundesliga match between FC Bayern Muenchen and Eintracht Frankfurt at Allianz Arena on March 11, 2017 in Munich, Germany.  (Photo by Oliver Kremer at Pixolli Studios/Getty Images)
MUNICH, GERMANY - MARCH 11: Forward Kingsley Coman (29) of Bayern Muenchen and Midfielder Aymen Barkok (28) of Eintracht Frankfurt fighting for the ball during the 1. Bundesliga match between FC Bayern Muenchen and Eintracht Frankfurt at Allianz Arena on March 11, 2017 in Munich, Germany. (Photo by Oliver Kremer at Pixolli Studios/Getty Images)Oliver Kremer at Pixolli Studios/Getty Images

Chelsea Transfer News: Kingsley Coman Offer Reported, Latest Blues Rumours

Christopher SimpsonMar 13, 2017

Chelsea have reportedly made a sensational €60 million bid for Juventus winger Kingsley Coman.

French TV programme Telefoot (h/t Get French Football News) reported as much:

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports

The Blues aren't the only Premier League side to take an interest, with Manchester City also said to have made a €50 million offer.

Coman is approaching the final months of his two-year loan spell with Bayern Munich, who have the option to make his stay permanent in an £18 million deal.

Per GFFN, Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said: "The option is valid until April 30 and we expect to keep the player."

However, Coman also gets a say in his future—if he opts for Chelsea or City, he can turn down Bayern even if they want to keep him.

The 20-year-old has had to contend with injury this season and has been restricted to a back-up role when fit, spending just 614 minutes on the pitch in all competitions. In 450 Bundesliga minutes, Coman has scored twice, created six chances and completed 12 take-ons, per Squawka.

MUNICH, GERMANY - FEBRUARY 25: Kingsley Coman of Bayern Muenchen scores the seventh goal for his team during the Bundesliga match between Bayern Muenchen and Hamburger SV at Allianz Arena on February 25, 2017 in Munich, Germany. (Photo by Alexander Scheub

A more substantial campaign last year saw the winger rack up six goals and 12 assists in all competitions.

Indeed, Coman is a promising prospect who can terrorise defences with his creativity and willingness to run at them, and he has the potential to get even better as he matures.

He could fit in Chelsea's front three nicely, though €60 million for a player of his age is a significant price tag, especially on the back of a campaign spent largely on the sidelines.

HULL, ENGLAND - JANUARY 26:  Jesse Lingard of Manchester United in action during the EFL Cup Semi-Final second leg match between Hull City and Manchester United at KCOM Stadium on January 26, 2017 in Hull, England.  (Photo by Matthew Ashton - AMA/Getty Im

Meanwhile, according to The Sun's Mike McGrath, Chelsea want to rival Arsenal for Jesse Lingard's signature as he enters the final year of his contract at Manchester United.

The 24-year-old came up through the Red Devils' academy but has been unable to nail down a starting berth. Football writer Liam Canning believes Lingard is only good enough to be a back-up:

Lingard has a penchant for important goals, having netted for United in the EFL Cup final this year and in the FA Cup final last year, though Canning is correct—he's not at the same level as the likes of Juan Mata or Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

That would similarly be the case at Chelsea, but he could perhaps also fill in as a wing-back and he'd be a cheaper option than Coman, so he could be a worthwhile acquisition at the right price.  

Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports
United States v Japan - International Friendly
FIFA World Cup 2026 Venues - New York New Jersey Stadium

TRENDING ON B/R