
Tyson Fury Will 'Absolutely' Return to Boxing After Suspension, Says Peter Fury
Tyson Fury will return to boxing despite recently vacating his WBA and WBO heavyweight titles, according to his trainer and uncle Peter Fury.
The former world heavyweight champion was suspended by the British Boxing Board of Control on Thursday as it investigates “anti-doping and medical issues,” per Sky Sports; the announcement came a day after the British fighter relinquished his titles, with Fury admitting in an interview with Stayton Bonner of Rolling Stone that he’d used cocaine.
Despite these problems, his trainer told BBC Radio 5 live (h/t PA Sport, via Sky Sports) he thinks the 28-year-old is far from finished in the sport: “Absolutely, you will see him in the ring again. I was with him yesterday, me and his dad [John], and just listening to him speak and the way he is. Boxing is in his life, it's in his blood, it's in his veins. He doesn't know anything else.”
Fury became a household name after beating heavyweight icon Wladimir Klitschko on November 28 last year, winning the WBA, WBO and IBF titles in the process. The Manchester-born fighter was stripped of the latter within a fortnight after declining to fight Vyacheslav Glazkov, who was the mandatory challenger.

However, two scheduled rematches with the Ukrainian failed to materialise, before the recent allegations about Fury coming to light.
In the interview with Rolling Stone, the fighter said “I’ve done lots of cocaine” and suggested his use of the drug was a result of an ongoing struggle with depression. His uncle offered more insight into why the heavyweight set off down this path.
“He hasn't got a drug addiction, he just did a stupid thing,” Peter noted. “He's not going into any clinics for drug abuse. He's got manic depression, which is a version of bipolar disorder. They said over a period of the next few months he should start to respond, and progress.”
After losing the titles, Fury posted the following clip on his Twitter feed as a reminder of his previous achievements in the ring:
Currently, Fury remains unbeaten in professional boxing, having won all 25 of his fights in the sport. However, he told Rolling Stone he’s not been in training since May.
Given his mental health problems, it’s important he takes plenty of time to ensure he’s fully recovered before a return to action is even considered.
Speculation has raged as to who will fight Klitschko in place of Fury for what are now the vacant WBA and WBO belts. The prime candidate looks likely to be IBF champion Anthony Joshua, with his promoter Eddie Hearn telling BBC Radio 5 live (h/t BBC Sport) an agreement is “very close” to being finalised.


.jpg)






