
Anthony Joshua vs. Wladimir Klitschko Fight Talks Discussed by Eddie Hearn
Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn has revealed there is a "70-30 chance" of IBF heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua meeting Wladimir Klitschko before the end of the year.
According to MailOnline's Riath Al-Samarrai, Hearn, Joshua's promoter, and Klitschko’s representative Bernd Boente are "deep in talks" as they attempt to make the heavyweight bout following Tyson Fury's withdrawal from his October rematch with the Ukrainian veteran.

Hearn said the result of the talks would come in the next week and that the situation with Fury has changed everything—the Englishman's WBA and WBO belts could also be on the line in a Joshua-Klitschko clash if he is stripped of them—per Al-Samarrai:
"The whole [Fury] episode has completely changed out direction when it comes to AJ.
We were due to make a voluntary defence or even face our mandatory on Nov. 26 but with the likelihood of the belts becoming available, we are now targeting a winter showdown with [Klitschko].
It's an epic fight—the young lion of the division against a legend of the division. Some feel it's come too early for Anthony but isn't that the exciting thing about it?
There is an acceptance from both men that that is the next fight—now it's up to myself, [Boente] and the various broadcasters to give the fans what they want. News will come in the next seven days for sure.
"
The report added that the pair will most likely fight in December if a deal can be struck.
Joshua, 26, is unbeaten in his professional career having won 17 out of 17 fights by knockout, most recently stopping American Dominic Breazeale in the seventh round of their June clash.
He said to Sky Sports News HQ that a meeting with Klitshcko would be "amazing," not just for him, but for the world of boxing:
Meanwhile, Klitschko lost his first fight in over a decade as Fury claimed his WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO belts in November last year.
The 40-year-old has not fought since then, with his scheduled rematch with Fury, 28, first postponed in June as the Englishman cited injury and cancelled again last month.
Since Fury's second withdrawal, the self-proclaimed Gypsy King has announced his retirement on Twitter before reversing his decision, and he also revealed to Rolling Stone magazine that he has taken cocaine to help him deal with depression, per BBC Sport.
Per ESPN's Dan Rafael, Fury previously tested positive for cocaine, for which he is likely to be stripped of his belts. There have also been reports he could lose his boxing license, per the Press Association (via the Guardian).
The upshot of Fury's situation for Klitshcko is that he is now without an opponent having not fought in almost a year.
Joshua's shot at the Ukrainian or Fury was not expected to come until 2017 after they had met again, but he is now primed to face Klitshcko.
The 2012 Olympic champion has become one of the biggest figures in boxing, and a clash for the Watford-born fighter with the heavyweight division's elder statesman would be a huge draw.


.jpg)






