
Chris Bosh Won't Return to Miami Heat
After missing the latter part of the past two seasons due to blood clots, Miami Heat big man Chris Bosh is pushing to play in the 2016-17 season, but his comeback attempt has been denied.
Continue for updates.
Riley Reveals Bosh's Future with Heat
Monday, Sept. 26
Heat President Pay Riley announced on Monday that Bosh's career with the Heat is over and that they are not working toward his potential return, according to the Sun-Sentinel's Ira Winderman.
"I think Chris is still open-minded. But we are not working toward his return.
We feel that, based on the last exam, that his Heat career is probably over. ...
It's pretty definitive from us, in our standpoint, that this is probably going to be a time where we really have to step back.
His health, playing and economics -- it's been health, health, health. Whatever the cap ramifications are, they are there, but we never ever thought about that.
"
Bosh Suffers Setback in Comeback Attempt
Friday, Sept. 23
Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reported Bosh has shown continued clotting that would require medication and could end his comeback attempt. Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical reported the Heat fear Bosh's career with the team is over, as the power forward hasn't wanted to meet with Riley for months.
Tim Reynolds of the Associated Press reported Bosh failed his physical and isn't cleared for training camp.
Bosh Reveals Heat Said He Would Likely Never Play Again
Wednesday, Sept. 21
Bosh, in an interview with UNINTERRUPTED, revealed that Heat doctors told him his career was "likely" over, adding that he felt "written off" by the medical staff:
Latest on Bosh's Timeline to Return
Wednesday, Sept. 14
Rachel Nichols of ESPN provided Bosh's response to a question about his availability for training camp during his appearance on the Open Run podcast:
The full segment with Bosh on Open Run can be found here:
On Sept. 13, Shoot 360 released a video of Bosh working out:
Bosh 'Frustrated' with Heat, Expects to Be Medically Cleared
Sunday, Sept. 11
Jackson, citing a union source, reported on Sunday, "There is growing optimism about [Bosh] being cleared by the Heat to resume his career while remaining on blood thinners."
Jackson previously reported Aug. 30 that the 32-year-old veteran is "frustrated" by how the Heat have handled his situation.
In an effort to make it clear he believes he is ready to play, Bosh previously released multiple videos on Twitter, including this one in which he addressed his status:
Bosh also tweeted this video, which shows him doing some work on the court:
Heat Needed Bosh Healthy for Playoff Push
Last season, Bosh missed 29 regular-season games, as well as Miami's entire playoff run, due to a recurrence of his blood clots. The previous year, he missed 30 games due to blood clots and sat out an additional eight with a calf injury.
When healthy, though, Bosh continues to produce. He has made the All-Star team in 11 consecutive seasons and averaged 19.1 points, 7.4 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game in 2015-16.
The Heat were reluctant to bring Bosh back into the fold last season despite his desire to play, but they need him now more than ever following Dwyane Wade's decision to sign with the Chicago Bulls. Miami did retain center Hassan Whiteside in free agency, but the team lacks a go-to guy on the offensive end and a veteran leader aside from Udonis Haslem.
Follow @MikeChiari on Twitter.





.jpg)




