
Liverpool Transfer News: Latest Mamadou Sakho and Mario Balotelli Rumours
Mamadou Sakho is reportedly being courted by Stoke City, as Liverpool look to agree on a loan deal for the French centre-back. The news comes from John Percy of the Daily Telegraph, who has stated how Potters manager Mark Hughes has already approached the Reds regarding the player's availability.
Hughes is said to be "hopeful of concluding a deal before the transfer deadline," per the same report.
Sending Sakho to the Bet365 Stadium, even on a short-term basis, is a risky move for the Reds, even though it would represent a coup for Stoke. Yet, it's a chance Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp seems quite prepared to take in order to send a message to a player who has fallen foul of the club this summer.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
Tony Barrett of JOE.co.uk recently confirmed Liverpool's intention to loan out their best defender from last season:
"Liverpool are considering allowing Mamadou Sakho to go out on loan as they look to get the defender back on track.
— Tony Barrett (@TonyBarretTimes) August 22, 2016"
Meanwhile, James Pearce of the Liverpool Echo provided more details about the Anfield club's thinking regarding Sakho:
"The Reds believe a short spell away from Anfield could benefit France international Sakho, who is close to full fitness after enduring a torrid four months.
Back in April Sakho was accused by UEFA of failing a drugs test and missed Euro 2016 before being subsequently cleared.
The former Paris Saint-Germain captain was then sent home from the pre-season tour of America by Jurgen Klopp for repeatedly breaking club rules.
The 26-year-old was late for the team flight, late for a team meal and failed to turn up to a treatment session on an Achilles injury with an angry Klopp accusing him of showing a lack of respect.
"
These events represent a remarkably abrupt and swift downfall for a player who initially thrived under Klopp after struggling earlier in his Liverpool career. Things turned the right way for Sakho not long after the German succeeded Brendan Rodgers as manager in the early months of last season.

He soon became the talisman at the back on Klopp's watch. Sakho was particularly impressive during the club's successful run to the UEFA Europa League final. He emerged as a cornerstone of the team, the key figure underpinning its spine.
It's easy to see the risk Liverpool are taking in this context, even though the club remains well-stocked at centre-back. Klopp has signed Ragnar Klavan and Joel Matip to go along with Dejan Lovren, yet the Reds have still leaked goals, conceding five in their opening two Premier League matches.
Ditching the one defender who combines pace, physical power and aerial prowess with comfort in possession is a curious move—there should be a middle ground in Klopp's standoff with the player.
Sakho's problems speak to the main issue in the current Liverpool squad. While Klopp has built well round the edges, recruiting quality attackers such as Sadio Mane and Georginio Wijnaldum, the Reds still have a soft centre.
There's more toughness to the group with Sakho at the heart of defence and Belgian powerhouse Divock Origi up top. However, the former's disciplinary issues and the latter's injury woes are undermining what could be a dangerous team this season.
Nantes Not Interested in Mario Balotelli
If Klopp should do more to keep Sakho on side, he can't do much else but hope a club is finally willing to sign wayward striker Mario Balotelli. There may even be a slither of hope after Swiss side FC Sion revealed they are in talks with the player.

Club president Christian Constantin told TicinoNews.ch (h/t the Guardian) about the talks: “I can confirm we’re discussing about a possible loan of Balotelli.”
Many would likely prefer a permanent move for Balotelli, although at this stage even another loan switch should be welcomed. So far, Liverpool's efforts to dump the temperamental Italy international have consistently been met with frustration.
French source France Football (h/t Kaveh Solhekol of Sky Sports News) reported that Ligue 1 side Nantes are the latest to show interest:
However, media outlet 20 Minutes (h/t Get French Football News) revealed how Nantes are also the latest club to pass on Balotelli: "It is reaching that period of time during the window where club presidents are offered tens, sometimes hundreds of players a day. For Waldemar Kita, Balotelli was merely just one of these."
Shifting Balotelli was never going to be easy, given his often controversial off-field behaviour, as well as his struggles on the pitch in recent seasons. The 26-year-old scored just one league goal on loan at AC Milan last season, per WhoScored.com.
Nobody can dispute Balotelli's talent, but questions have always persisted about just how committed he is to realising his full potential. He would be a major asset to Liverpool were he focused, especially given how regular centre-forwards Origi and Daniel Sturridge often struggle to stay fit.
At this point, though, the Anfield club has reached the point of no return with the attacker who cost £16 million in the summer of 2014. The smarter move for all parties is to simply part ways.
However, it may not be so smart to try to make do without Sakho at the back. Klopp's defence needs talent and help, not a thinning of the ranks.



.jpg)







