NFLNBAMLBNHLWNBASoccerGolf
Featured Video
🚨 Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals
LAS VEGAS, NV - JULY 07: (L to R) Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor face off at the UFC 202 press conference at the T-Mobile Arena on July 7, 2016 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Ed Mulholland/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images)
LAS VEGAS, NV - JULY 07: (L to R) Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor face off at the UFC 202 press conference at the T-Mobile Arena on July 7, 2016 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Ed Mulholland/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images)Ed Mulholland/Zuffa LLC/Getty Images

Dana White Comments on Conor McGregor, Nate Diaz UFC 202 Press Conference

Adam WellsAug 19, 2016

Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor may have done a good job adding pay-per-view buys to their UFC 202 main event Saturday with a chaotic press conference earlier in the week, but the two fighters could be facing a lawsuit for their actions.

Per Damon Martin of Fox Sports, UFC President Dana White said "the wheels are already in motion" for a lawsuit after Diaz and McGregor began throwing water bottles, cans, etc. and shouting expletives at each other during the press conference. 

(Warning: The following video has NSFW content.)

TOP NEWS

UFC 319: Du Plessis vs. Chimaev
Colts Jaguars Football

On Thursday, White elaborated on the situation to TMZ Sports"And the word is that in this thing, somebody was injured. So, there's gonna be a lawsuit. ... Who knows how it's gonna play out."

White did not specify who was filing a lawsuit, but he also said "I guarantee both of these guys are gonna get massive fines, and there's probably going to be a hearing after the fight."

Since the press conference took place in Las Vegas, which is also where Saturday's event will take place, the Nevada State Athletic Commission will be in charge of issuing discipline to McGregor and Diaz. 

Per Martin's report, White said McGregor and Diaz "could be (facing) suspensions, community service, it's gonna be ugly. ... It's going to cost them both a lot of money, a lot of headache and hassle. They're both in big trouble."

Before the fireworks at the press conference even started, McGregor showed up 30 minutes late to the event that was scheduled to begin at 4 p.m. ET. 

This is a huge fight for McGregor, whose stock has taken a hit because of his actions earlier this summer and after losing to Diaz in March. A second loss, even in a higher weight than his traditional featherweight class, will not help his marketing power after everything he has done in the last three months. 

🚨 Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals

TOP NEWS

UFC 319: Du Plessis vs. Chimaev
Colts Jaguars Football
With Jayson Tatum sidelined, Celtics' fourth-quarter comeback falls short in Game 7 loss to 76ers
DENVER NUGGETS VS GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, NBA

TRENDING ON B/R