
Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz II Announced for UFC 202
Conor McGregor was looking for a chance to get revenge on Nate Diaz for his UFC 196 loss in March, and he'll get that opportunity Aug. 20.
The UFC announced McGregor will fight Diaz in Las Vegas at UFC 202, per Jon Anik of Fox Sports.
Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting initially reported the bout was being finalized.
On Friday, Diaz met with UFC President Dana White and fight promoter Lorenzo Fertitta in Stockton, California, to discuss a rematch, according to ESPN.com's Brett Okamoto. But a source told Okamoto that they could not agree on financial terms at the time.
Diaz, who won by submission in the second round of their first bout, posted this on Instagram:
However, the smiles seemed to end there, as reports surfaced that the meeting turned ugly. TMZ reported the "talk got serious and ended abruptly when Dana was visibly angry, stood up and beelined it for his SUV."
As Okamoto noted, that likely had to do with finances, which had already led to McGregor's short-lived retirement in April.
According to Charly Arnolt of The Bob & Tom Radio Show, McGregor wanted something near $10 million to fight the rematch at UFC 200. When the UFC said no, he retired, though that lasted just one day.
White and McGregor also met in private in Beverly Hills, California, on Thursday, per TMZ.
McGregor was also linked to a possible fight with retired boxing star Floyd Mayweather Jr. On Friday, TMZ reported Mayweather has offered McGregor $50 million for a New Year's Eve clash in Las Vegas.
However, a McGregor-Diaz rematch will be more feasible and likely draw in plenty of viewers who want to see if the Irishman can exact revenge for his loss earlier in the year.


.jpg)






