
Manchester United Transfer News: Louis Van Gaal Unhappy with Squad, Top Rumours
Louis van Gaal has hinted at another window of transfer activity at Old Trafford after he said Manchester United's squad is not up to standard.
Per the Sun's Neil Custis, the Dutchman picked out two qualities he does not believe his current squad has enough of: "We need quick and creative players. I’ve said that, also in the transfer period. That’s a tricky remark because I have to manage players whose quality is not always what I want."
He said as much earlier in the season, per Goal's SW Lim, and "speedy, creative players in attack" are undoubtedly what United need if they're to improve next season and potentially challenge for the Premier League title.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
The Red Devils did manage to offer some excitement on Saturday when they beat Everton 2-1 in the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley Stadium, as ESPN's Alex Shaw noted:
Anthony Martial provided the injury-time winner to wrap up a thrilling contest:
Too often this year, their play in the final third has been ponderous and unimaginative, though, as evidenced by their tally of just 42 league goals—the same number as Bournemouth and fewer than nine other clubs.
After such a poor campaign, Van Gaal is widely expected to be replaced this summer, but after guiding them to an FA Cup final against Crystal Palace and with UEFA Champions League qualification still a reasonable possibility, the 64-year-old may yet do enough to remain at Old Trafford for another year—in the eyes of the higher ups at United, if not many of the fans.
Though the Dutchman has spent a lot on new players during his tenure at the club—£240 million, according to Custis—it's clear more will be needed this summer whether it is Van Gaal or another boss in charge.
Youngsters Martial and Marcus Rashford have provided sparks of inspiration this season, but at just 20 and 18 years old, respectively, they cannot be expected to carry United's attacking hopes next year.

Wayne Rooney may not be of much help, either, as he no longer possesses the pace and drive to run at players as he once did and has endured a poor campaign in front of goal. Further, the England international believes his future lies in midfield rather than attack, according to Samuel Luckhurst of the Manchester Evening News.
Van Gaal would support such a move, per Sky Sports:
That leaves the club needing more quick and creative players, ostensibly up front but perhaps in midfield as well—the likes of Michael Carrick, Marouane Fellaini and Bastian Schweinsteiger possess little pace between them.
Van Gaal is right to recognise this flaw in their squad, and if he is to remain in charge, he will certainly need to address it if United are to provide more excitement next season, let alone compete with Pep Guardiola's Manchester City or Antonio Conte's Chelsea, among others.
One such possibility is Benfica's Renato Sanches, as the Red Devils are "poised to seal" a £39 million move for the rising star of Portuguese football, according to the Sun (h/t the Daily Star's Alex Harris).
An excellent all-round performer in midfield, Sanches is far more mobile than many of United's current midfield options, and he could have an outstanding career at Old Trafford—though at just 18 himself, he would represent a fairly hefty gamble at the price reported.



.jpg)







