NFLNBANHLMLBWNBARoland-GarrosSoccer
Featured Video
Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢
ROME, ITALY - APRIL 03:  Radja Nainggolan of AS Roma in action during the Serie A match between SS Lazio and AS Roma at Stadio Olimpico on April 3, 2016 in Rome, Italy.  (Photo by Paolo Bruno/Getty Images)
ROME, ITALY - APRIL 03: Radja Nainggolan of AS Roma in action during the Serie A match between SS Lazio and AS Roma at Stadio Olimpico on April 3, 2016 in Rome, Italy. (Photo by Paolo Bruno/Getty Images)Paolo Bruno/Getty Images

Chelsea Transfer News: Latest on Radja Nainggolan, Eden Hazard Rumours

Rory MarsdenApr 12, 2016

Chelsea's reported pursuit of Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan has been given a boost after the Italian club's director, Mauro Baldissoni, said no player is "indispensable" when it comes to rebuilding the squad this summer. 

Nainggolan is reportedly one of incoming Chelsea manager Antonio Conte's key summer targets and he has been valued at £35 million—a fee which could help Roma bring in some new players—per James Benge in the Evening Standard.

The report relayed Baldissoni's comments to Mediaset Premium in which he said any player could be sold to fund the addition of new stars: "There’s nothing indispensable. A player could be sold to bring in fresh funds and sign different figures, but it would in any case be a choice. We will make choices within the club with the perspective of coach and players to see how we can reinforce and improve Roma."

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports

Belgian Nainggolan has become a vital part of the Roma squad since he moved from Cagliari to the Stadio Olimpico in 2014. 

The 27-year-old is a top-quality box-to-box midfielder and could solve some of the problems that have emerged at Chelsea this season with the drop in form of Nemanja Matic and Cesc Fabregas.

Indeed, Italian football writer David Amoyal envisages Nainggolan playing a similar role in revitalising Chelsea as Arturo Vidal did for Juventus under Conte:

Roma are likely to be in the Champions League next season, but they are yet again set to fall well short of Juve in this term's title race.

While Chelsea will not be able to offer top level European football next season, Bleacher Report's Dean Jones believes Conte still has the profile to be able to attract top stars:

If Nainggolan can be convinced of the project at Stamford Bridge and Chelsea stump up the cash to persuade Roma to sell, it looks as though there could be a new addition in the Blues midfield next season.

There could also be a high-profile departure from west London with recent reports suggesting Real Madrid have reached a deal with Chelsea to sign Eden Hazard for £32 million.

LONDON, ENGLAND - MARCH 9: Eden Hazard of Chelsea looks on during the UEFA Champions League round of 16 second leg match between Chelsea FC and Paris Saint-Germain at Stamford Bridge stadium on March 9, 2016 in London, England. (Photo by Jean Catuffe/Gett

According to Spanish outlet Ok Diario (via Marc Williams in the Daily Star), Los Blancos manager Zinedine Zidane has "fulfilled his dream" to sign Hazard, with the 25-year-old Belgian agreeing personal terms, as confirmed by Spanish football writer Eduardo Inda: "Eden Hazard is done. The amount has been agreed with the player and with Chelsea."

The reported fee seems low for a player of Hazard's quality. He may be currently enduring a torrid spell of form—he has yet to score a Premier League goal this season, per WhoScored.com—but less than a year ago he claimed the PFA Player of the Year award.

As noted by Belgian football writer Kristof Terreur, just over £30 million seems significantly lower than the expected fee for Hazard:

Per Neil Fissler in the Express, the former Lille man has previously been valued as high as £80 million, although long-term suitors Real and Paris Saint-Germain are now "keen on a deal nearer to £60 million."

Should either club lodge such an offer then Hazard could well leave Chelsea in the summer, but it seems highly unlikely he would be let go for as little as £32 million.

Elsewhere, Chelsea are reportedly "concerned about their goalkeeping situation" with the future of both Thibaut Courtois and Asmir Begovic up in the air. 

According to Matt Law in the Telegraph, Courtois would be "keen" on a move to Real if they made a bid for him this summer, and although they are not prepared to meet his £73 million valuation they might be swayed if he performs well for Belgium at Euro 2016.

Meanwhile, the report added Begovic wants guarantees of more regular first-team football next season under Conte, and will "almost certainly leave if Courtois remains."

Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports
United States v Japan - International Friendly
FIFA World Cup 2026 Venues - New York New Jersey Stadium

TRENDING ON B/R