
Liverpool Transfer News: Mario Gotze Banner Shock, Alexandre Lacazette Rumours
Liverpool have received a boost in the race to sign Bayern Munich star Mario Gotze during the summer transfer window, as fans of former club Borussia Dortmund raised a banner to make it clear he wouldn't be welcomed back. Just hours earlier, Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke said the club would be open to a reunion.
As reported by the Mirror's Aaron Flanagan, Gotze has been linked with both Dortmund and Liverpool, as he's widely expected to leave the Allianz Arena at the end of this season.

TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
But fans of Die Schwarzgelben made it clear they haven't forgotten about his controversial exit in 2013 and raised an explicit banner ahead of their 3-2 win over Werder Bremen on Saturday.
The banner made it very clear he's not welcome, per Flanagan: “Milan or Madrid—Just not Dortmund. Piss off, Gotze.”
Liverpool FC News shared an image of the banner:
Watzke told Bild (h/t Goal's Alex Fisher) on Saturday the door was open for the 23-year-old, but after the fans' clear message, one has to assume that's no longer the case.
Gotze played a pivotal role in Dortmund's return to the top of German football before he moved to rivals Bayern Munich in 2013, when the Bavarians triggered his £31.5 million release clause, per the Guardian.
The move only added to the resentment Dortmund fans felt for Bayern, and years later, it's clear the club's fans haven't moved past it.
Gotze hasn't found the success he was hoping for in Bavaria and has become a bit-part player under manager Pep Guardiola. Per WhoScored.com, he has started just six Bundesliga matches this season.
An exit seems likely, and per Bleacher Report UK, Liverpool is seen as one of the likeliest destinations for the Germany international:
The 23-year-old did his best work under manager Jurgen Klopp, who moved to Anfield this season and is expected to make a number of additions to his squad during the summer. Klopp's teams play a specific brand of football based around pressing and counter-attacking moves, and he needs players who understand the system to make it work.
Gotze would be a perfect target, as he has already shown he's capable of thriving in such a setup. And while his time with Bayern hasn't been perfect, it's clear he still has a ton of talent, as you can see in the video below:
Dortmund also looked a solid landing spot, but if the fans don't want their former star, club officials likely won't be tempted to bring him back.
Everton Battle for Alexandre Lacazette Expected

According to Steve Stammers of the Mirror, Everton are eyeing a move for Lyon star Alexandre Lacazette, who is also thought of as a transfer target for rivals Liverpool.
Per the report, Romelu Lukaku's desire to play UEFA Champions League football could lead to a summer exit, so the Toffees would be forced to find a quality replacement. The France international would fit the bill, as he has a fantastic scoring record over the last two seasons.
Per WhoScored.com, the 24-year-old has bagged 14 goals in Ligue 1 this season. Last year, he finished with an incredible tally of 27. Here's a look at some of his highlights:
A mobile striker with superb instincts and finishing ability, Lacazette will remind some of Arsenal legend Thierry Henry, although he's not as physically strong as his illustrious compatriot. It's still a wonderful comparison for the Lyon man, however, and it shows just how talented he really is.
He could be on the move this summer, but both Everton and Liverpool might find it tricky to land his signature. Per Le Parisien (h/t Sky Sports), he has voiced his desire to play Champions League football in the past, which is something neither Merseyside club is likely to be able to offer next season.
Stammers stated his price will be around £22 million, which seems absurdly low for a proven scorer who is years from entering his prime and has established himself as Lyon's most important player. He also still has three years left on his contract, per Transfermarkt.



.jpg)







