
Tyson Fury Escapes Punishment over Alleged Homophobic and Sexist Comments
World heavyweight boxing champion Tyson Fury won't be punished for making homophobic or sexist comments in the media by the British Boxing Board of Control.
BBC Sport's Richard Conway shared the the domestic governing body's statement on the matter:
Despite not breaking the law, Fury has been warned about his future conduct, as outlined in the BBBofC's statement.
The decision follows Greater Manchester Police's decision not to charge the boxer in December following his comments, per ITV. The matter was investigated after a complaint by a member of the public, but no action was taken.
Oliver Holt of the Mail On Sunday accused Fury of being "a bully and a bigot" after interviewing the boxer when he made the questionable comments.

Fury said he had been misquoted by Holt, prompting Mail On Sunday sports editor Alison Kervin to publish the full transcript of the champion's words.
"There are only three things that need to be accomplished before the Devil comes home," Fury said. "One of them is homosexuality being legal in countries, one of them is abortion and the other is paedophilia."
Fury also made crass comments about fellow BBC Sports Personality of the Year contender Jessica Ennis-Hill, as reported by Gordon Rayner of the Telegraph. A backlash followed a tweet Fury posted about the Olympic gold medalist after he said the heptathlon star “looks quite fit when she’s got a dress on” and suggested “a woman’s best place is in the kitchen or on her back.”
The boxer missed out on the top-three for the award, per BBC Sport, as Ennis-Hill was voted into third behind winner Andy Murray.


.jpg)






