
Floyd Mayweather Confrontation Described by Amir Khan After Danny Garcia Victory
Amir Khan has revealed he clashed with Floyd Mayweather while the pair watched Danny Garcia win the vacant WBC welterweight belt at Los Angeles' Staples Center on Saturday.
Khan was passed over to face Money on several occasions during the American's career, most recently when he opted to fight Andre Berto in his final fight last September, per the Press Association (via MailOnline).
With the pair sitting near each other for Saturday's fight between Garcia and Robert Guerrero, Mayweather seemingly engaged Khan, who then took his opportunity to confront the 38-year-old. And the Brit revealed the exchange got fairly heated, per EsNews (via Carlos Boogs of BoxingScene.com):
"He was sat in front of me, and he looked back and he said 'is this the guy that beat you [talking about Garcia]? Is this the guy that beat you?' So then we started going at it. I said 'answer me one question, why wouldn't you fight me?' And he didn't have an answer.
He then started to shout quite loudly and started some commotion, and everything. Literally, I shut him up. I put him in his place. I said 'look if you want to fight, I'm here.' He just started screaming. I couldn't understand half the stuff he was saying. I remember him bringing the money, his money in, saying - 'look, I make 300 million a fight, you can't touch me. No one can be like me, I'm the best.' I think he's just living in his own hype really.
"
Khan lost to Garcia by knockout back in 2012 at one of the lowest points of his career, as it came on the back of a defeat to Lamont Peterson.
However, the Brit has come back strongly over the last few years, winning five fights in a row, and is now the mandatory challenger to Garcia's WBC crown following the American's 12-round victory over Guerrero.
Per Khan, a clash between the pair should materialise in the coming year:
There was also significant chatter late last week of an all-British clash later in 2016 between Khan and IBF welterweight champion Kell Brook.
With Brook's promoter, Eddie Hearn, and Khan thrashing things out over social media, the Special One eventually weighed in in glorious fashion, via boxing writer Tom Craze:
Khan, 29, is clearly not happy at having been passed over by Mayweather, and arguably rightly so given how much more deserving he was than Berto, per ESPN.com's Dan Rafael.
However, with Mayweather now retired, Khan has a variety of other top fights to take on to prove himself to the boxing public.
He has made a decent comeback since losing to Garcia and could win himself a title or two in 2016, but the Mayweather fight will seemingly remain the one that got away.


.jpg)






