
Marco Reus Injury: Updates on Borussia Dortmund Star's Groin and Return
Borussia Dortmund forward Marco Reus is suffering from a groin injury, and it is uncertain when he will be ready to return.
Continue for updates.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
Reus Out of Euro 2016 Tournament
Tuesday, May 31
Reus has been left out of Germany's final squad for the UEFA European Championships due to his groin injury. News of the latest problem the injury-plagued forward has picked up came via the national team's official website.
Low Comments on Reus Decision
Tuesday, May 31
"The medical staff could not give a clear prognosis for Marco," Germany coach Joachim Low said, per Sam Morshead of MailOnline. "He has massive injury problems, and the medical staff was very sceptical about his ability to last through the coming weeks and such a gruelling tournament. It is a bitter decision and bitter for Marco."
Khedira Comments on Reus' Injury
Tuesday, May 31
"He can barely run straight at the moment, and you have to be fully fit if you play in a European championship," Reus' Germany teammate Sami Khedira said, per Morshead. "It is very bitter, but I am confident he will get his chance on the big stage."
Reus Struggling to Stay Healthy for International Play
Having missed the team's successful FIFA World Cup campaign with an injury two years ago, sitting out the 2016 Euro tournament will be a devastating blow for the 27-year-old.
Reus enjoyed a strong season for BVB, netting 12 goals and grabbing three assists in the Bundesliga, per WhoScored.com.
Dortmund had a brilliant 2015-16 under the astute guidance of manager Thomas Tuchel. Needless to say, Reus was at the heart of many of their very best performances.
As reported by Transfermarkt, Reus had already suffered five separate niggles this campaign, and while he has been playing well when out on the field, Dortmund fans have been left wondering just how effective he could be if he put together a sustained run of games.
Even though Reus is a key player for Germany and will be missed, any potential spell on the sidelines is unlikely to be catastrophic to their campaign. They coped well without him two years ago, and with the likes of Thomas Muller, Mesut Ozil, Mario Gotze and Andre Schurrle to call upon, Low has a lot of attacking talent at hand.
There’s a bigger picture to look at when it comes to this wonderful footballer. As brilliant as Reus is, there is a danger that these continued issues, which date back over the last couple of years, will potentially prevent him from ever realising the glittering potential he possesses. For the second successive major tournament, he'll be left to lament what might have been.



.jpg)







