
Calling True or False on 3 Recent Chelsea Transfer Rumours
As January fast approaches, we’re expecting Chelsea to use the mid-season transfer window as their trump card to get out of jail in the Premier League.
Jose Mourinho was sacked as Chelsea boss on Thursday, per BBC Sport, and the champions are struggling, sitting just one point above the relegation zone after losing nine of their 16 league matches.
Every week the expectation has been that they will turn the corner and find the form that made them runaway champions last season.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
Every week it seems disappointment has followed.
Indeed, on Monday Chelsea’s season seemed to bottom out when Mourinho said he was "betrayed" by his players in the 2-1 loss to Leicester City.
Since then he also criticised the conduct of some players away from the pitch, saying on Chelsea TV (h/t the Mirror): "Some of them need to rethink the way they live Chelsea, the way they live football, the way they live their job."
With no manager at the helm heading into Christmas, Chelsea are in turmoil. They do, though, have the January window to bring in some new players in a bid to revitalise their season and the club’s long-term future.
But which transfer rumours are true? Who can we expect Chelsea to chase in the winter window?
Join Bleacher Report as we play a game of transfer true or false.
Bojan Krcic
Club: Stoke City
Position: Midfielder
Fee: £15 million

Had it not been for a knee injury curtailing his season last year, rumours surrounding Bojan Krcic would have probably been doing the rounds in the summer.
Joining Stoke City in a surprise move from Barcelona 18 months ago, the 25-year-old has excelled.
What’s surprised most is how rapid his return to form has been since overcoming that injury.
Bojan has slotted back into Stoke’s line-up with ease and his form has been a major part of why Mark Hughes’ side have overcome their own sluggish start to 2015/16.
Now it’s lead to reports Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea are looking closely as Bojan, with the Sun putting a £15 million price tag on his head.
The issue with Bojan is that he’s representative of the problems Chelsea have made in past winter windows when they've chased players who have been more flavour of the month than offering anything long term.
They did just that with Juan Cuadrado last year and with Mohamed Salah 12 months earlier. Both players flopped and are now out on loan.
Despite his impressive form with Stoke, Bojan hasn’t scaled the same heights when at elite clubs such as Barcelona, AC Milan and Roma.
He’s looked a good squad player, but nothing much more outside of that. With all due respect to Stoke, it’s why he finds himself in the Potteries, rebuilding his career.
That said, for all the reasons Bojan may not necessarily be a particularly exciting addition in January, Chelsea’s track record suggests chasing him isn't beyond the realms of possibility.
Added to that, without featuring in the Champions League this term, Bojan would offer another option in Europe as Chelsea build up to their meeting with Paris Saint-Germain in February.
Outside of Willian, Mourinho’s flair players have let him down this year and when we consider who he will move for in January, a player with Bojan’s reputation fits the bill.
Verdict: True
Javier Hernandez
Club: Bayer Leverkusen
Position: Striker
Fee: n/a

The stats are impressive for Javier Hernandez. While Manchester United have struggled for goals, the Mexican has fired home 18 goals already this term.
A cool 15 of them have come since October, with a hat-trick against Borussia Monchengladbach helping Leverkusen to a 5-0 win at the weekend.
Hernandez's form has meant rumours have been rife that a bigger club may come in for him, with Chelsea recently linked only last month, per ESPN.
While the stats look good, Hernandez isn't the sort of striker that would excel at Chelsea. He's quick and likes to play off the last defender, but Chelsea's game isn't about that.
As we've seen in the past, Chelsea's setup requires a strong, physical presence in the mould of Didier Drogba. The Ivorian has been Chelsea's best striker in the past decade and those such as Fernando Torres and others haven't been as effective at leading the line in the same way.
Diego Costa did it last season, but he has struggled this term. It's been the same for Loic Remy and Radamel Falcao.
As talented as Hernandez is, Chelsea will be looking at other alternatives if they are to strengthen their forward line in January.
Verdict: False
John Stones
Club: Everton
Position: Defender
Fee: £40 million

Chelsea’s pursuit of John Stones was so public in the summer that it stands to reason they will attempt to move for the Everton defender in January.
Like in August, however, it doesn't mean they will get their man, as Roberto Martinez has outlined recently.
"We’ll never lose anyone in January — unless it’s somebody who hasn’t been playing and we need to find a solution. If he’s a top performer, it’s not even a consideration," the Everton boss said, per the Independent.
Chelsea played it all wrong with Stones this summer. They moved too late in the window meaning Everton had little time to find a replacement, which is what Martinez hinted at in his recent quotes about the January window.
We've seen in the past, if the price and timing are right, Everton will sell. But they stuck to their principles when Chelsea made the gaffe of acting too late on their interest.
If Chelsea were eager for Stones back then, they’re desperate now. They have one of the worst defensive records in the Premier League and are crying out for a defender of Stones’ capabilities.
John Terry hasn't been as dominant this season, while weaknesses on the right side of defence have also proved detrimental to Chelsea's season.
They lack any depth at the back and they longer their misery continues, we can only expect the prices of defenders to go up.
There is plenty of depth to Stones and Chelsea rumours, but don't expect them to come with a happy ending in January.
Verdict: True
Garry Hayes is Bleacher Report's lead Chelsea correspondent. All quotes were obtained firsthand unless otherwise noted. Follow him on Twitter @garryhayes



.jpg)







