
Chelsea Transfer News: Antoine Griezmann, Loic Remy, Oscar, Fresh Blues Rumours
Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo has confirmed rumoured Chelsea target Antoine Griezmann will not be leaving the club any time soon.
Speaking with Cadena Cope (h/t Charles Perrin of the Daily Express), the Rojiblancos chief was asked about the prospect of potential interest from Premier League sides for the French international, who has been magnificent in La Liga this season. And Cerezo insisted the forward has no desire to leave the Vicente Calderon any time soon.
“Players play where they want to play and right now, Griezmann's thoughts are not on a sheik or blue princess [Chelsea] coming to sign him,” he said. “His thoughts are at Atletico Madrid, he wants to be at Atletico Madrid. He proved this by signing a renewal recently.”
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩

Here’s a look at why Atletico, who are joint leaders in La Liga heading into this weekend’s round of fixtures, will be desperate to keep hold of their star man:
Griezmann has really flourished under the guidance of Atletico boss Diego Simeone, becoming one of the most feared forwards in European football since leaving Real Sociedad last summer.
As we can see here courtesy of OptaJose, the 24-year-old always seems to step up when his team need him:
Needless to say, he’d be a wonderful purchase for Chelsea. The Blues' attack has been awful at times this term, with the likes of Diego Costa, Eden Hazard and Cesc Fabregas well below their best. If they could somehow get Griezmann on board, it’d make a major difference to the cause.
It’s unlikely, though. Griezmann is the crown jewel in an Atletico team which seems set to challenge on all fronts this term, and even if Chelsea activated a reported release clause of £58 million, per Perrin, Stamford Bridge isn’t currently a desirable venue to play football.
Spartak Moscow Want Loic Remy

According to Russian newspaper Izvestia (h/t Joe Short of the Daily Express), Spartak Moscow are reportedly willing to splash a whopping £14.5 million on Chelsea forward Loic Remy, £6.5 million more than what the Blues paid to bring the French international in.
Remy has endured a difficult time at Stamford Bridge since his move in August 2014. The 28-year-old has been injured for much of his stint with the Blues and remains behind Costa in the pecking order, despite the struggles of the Spain international.
As Socanalysis notes, when Remy has been able to get out on the pitch, his minutes-to-goals ratio is actually pretty impressive:
But if Chelsea are to retake their place at the summit of the English game and push the best in Europe, they’ll need a forward with a few more dimensions than Remy.

The former Marseille man is a useful player to have in the squad when fit, as he can play across the front line and has blistering pace to stretch defences. However, his poor injury record and ropey hold-up play means that he’ll never be quite good enough to be considered an elite forward; Chelsea should take the money offered and seek to invest in a quality replacement.
Massimiliano Allegri Coy on Oscar

Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri gave a neutral response when quizzed on reported interest in Oscar, refusing to confirm whether an approach had been made for the Chelsea playmaker.
“The English tabloids write a lot of things!” Allegri told Rai Sports on Wednesday evening following a 4-0 win over Torino, per Football Italia. “Juventus have an excellent squad, the club will evaluate if there’s anything to be done. If we do sign anyone, he has to be worthy of Juventus.”

According to Tuttosport (h/t Football Italia), the Bianconeri remain interested in the playmaker and could make a bid for him.
After another campaign in which the Brazilian has been in and out of Jose Mourinho’s team, a move to Juve—where he’d become a key man—may be tempting for the 24-year-old.
However, football writer Jake Cohen thinks there is still a big future for Oscar at Stamford Bridge:
After a tough start, Juventus have got their act together in recent weeks and now seem poised to challenge on all fronts again. Chelsea, by contrast, are well back in the Premier League title race and unlikely to qualify for next season’s Champions League.
For a player like Oscar, who is regularly shifted around the team and often left out, it’s fine sticking around if you’re winning titles. But with the Blues in a lull, the constant rotation must be beginning to grow tiresome for a young man approaching his peak years, especially with a club of Juve’s stature seemingly keen on him.



.jpg)







