
Real Madrid Transfer News: Cristiano Ronaldo Comments on Future and Rafa Benitez
Real Madrid talisman Cristian Ronaldo has revealed he’s happy with life at the club and the job being done by manager Rafael Benitez, despite reports suggesting the contrary on both counts.
The Portuguese was speaking in the aftermath of Los Blancos’ stunning 8-0 win over Malmo in the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday night, in which he bagged a very impressive four goals. Afterwards, Ronaldo expressed his frustration at reports suggesting he could be in his last season at the Santiago Bernabeu.
“Every year the same thing has happened,” he told A3 Media (h/t Marca). “I am relaxed and I feel at home at a club which has helped me a great deal, and I am very happy here.” Ronaldo also went on to label rumours he could be on his way as “speculation.”
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩

Reports of a departure have certainly been ramped up as of late. Sky Sports’ Spanish football expert Guillem Balague claimed earlier this season that Ronaldo could leave Madrid soon, with Paris Saint-Germain interested, while Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal also confirmed the Premier League side are hoping to bring Ronaldo back to the club, per BBC Sport.
Now 30 years old, Ronaldo is a very different player to the one that left England in 2009. But as former England international striker Gary Lineker notes, Ronaldo remains insatiable in his pursuit of goals:
One factor that could push the Portuguese out of the door is the role of Benitez.
According to Gazzetta dello Sport (h/t Sport) the dynamic between Ronaldo and the maligned manager, heckled again by the Santiago Bernabeu crowd on Tuesday, plunged into a desperate state earlier in the campaign, with the player apparently taking an “it’s Benitez or me” stance. However, the Portuguese had praise for his manager in the aftermath of the Malmo triumph.
“That was a surprise, I don't know what happened,” Ronaldo said of the whistling towards Benitez to A3 Media. “I don't see why there is a problem. People can say what they like, but he is doing a good job. He has to be given time.”

The 4-0 loss to Barcelona at the Bernabeu last month could have easily been the end for Benitez, but the club backed him in the aftermath instead of taking decisive action. However, you suspect these words of encouragement from Ronaldo will resonate with the supporters more than those of the Real president, Florentino Perez.
In this competition, Benitez certainly seems to be getting the best out of his star forward. As noted here by OptaJose, after his quartet against Malmo, Ronaldo is now the record-holder for the most goals ever in a group stage of the Champions League:
While Ronaldo may decry discussion of a move as speculation, the transfer talk this year seems a little more significant than in previous campaigns. After all, having become Real’s all-time record goalscorer earlier in the season, there’s little left for the Portuguese to achieve in the Spanish capital and at times he’s cut a noticeably frustrated figure under Benitez.
Real, naturally, will not want to let their No. 7 go anywhere. Ronaldo may not be enjoying his best season, but he’s still a goal machine and a player capable of altering the course of a match with one moment of sharp penalty box play.
Regardless of the money Los Blancos would potentially receive for him, such a trait is difficult to replace.



.jpg)







