NFLNBANHLMLBWNBARoland-GarrosSoccer
Featured Video
Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢
Real Madrid's Jese Rodriguez, left, controls the ball as PSG's David Luiz tries to stop him during the Champions League group A soccer match between Real Madrid and PSG at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium in Madrid, Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2015. (AP Photo/Francisco Seco)
Real Madrid's Jese Rodriguez, left, controls the ball as PSG's David Luiz tries to stop him during the Champions League group A soccer match between Real Madrid and PSG at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium in Madrid, Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2015. (AP Photo/Francisco Seco)Francisco Seco/Associated Press

Arsenal Transfer News: Latest on Real Madrid's Jese Fee and More Rumours

Rob BlanchetteNov 15, 2015

Spanish reports claim Arsenal will match Real Madrid's £21.1 million valuation of Jese Rodriguez in the hope of bringing the talented attacker to the Premier League.

Media outlet Fichajes.net (h/t Jamie Sanderson of Metro) said the Gunners have accepted Los Blancos' price quotation and want to sign the Spaniard in January—beating Inter Milan and Napoli to his services.

Don Balon (h/t Luke Gardener of the Daily Star) had previously reported the Galacticos were willing to listen to offers for the player, and the Gunners were "very interested" in doing business.

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports
Real Madrid's Portuguese forward Cristiano Ronaldo (R) celebrates with Real Madrid's forward Jese Rodriguez Ruiz after scoring during the Spanish league football match Real Madrid vs RC Celta de Vigo at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium in Madrid on January 6

Jese has been one of Madrid's most prized young players for many years, having made his first-team debut in 2011.

French publication Le10 Sport (h/t Jamie Anderson of the Daily Star) claimed the Spaniard has grown disillusioned at the Bernabeu and was seeking a new challenge away from the capital city. Anderson added Inter had made a concerted effort to facilitate a deal, but it appears their £15 million valuation of the player was short of Madrid's mark.

Coach Arsene Wenger has recently lost a wealth of attacking talent to injury with the absenteeism of Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Aaron Ramsey—but the addition of Jese will help alleviate the strain in the final third.

Jese is a versatile attacker, having the ability to play across the front line, and can deputise as a striker if needed.

The player's progress at Madrid was halted due to a serious knee injury in 2014, as reported by Sky Sports, and ultimately saw him drop down the pecking order, not being able to fully reestablish himself.

The Spain under-21 forward spoke out after his injury and operation, and was reflective in his thoughts, as quoted by FourFourTwo's David Cartlidge: “I had a very tough time, but I think that things in life happen for a reason. Maybe I had the injury because I needed to learn and become a more mature footballer.”

Despite not completing 90 minutes for Los Blancos this season, Jese has appeared seven times in La Liga, scoring twice and proving he is a growing talent—according to Squawka.com.

After the attacker scored against Las Palmas, Squawka's Phil Kitromilides said he believes Jese deserves a bigger role at Madrid after fully recovering from his knee injury:

"

On Saturday, he scored against his hometown club Las Palmas – his second goal of a season in which he has started just four league matches. Both his strikes this term have been of serious quality, showing an innate hunger as well as an awareness of goal, and Monday’s edition of Madrid-based sports daily AS has him on their front cover with the headline: “Jese’s Moment”.

They, along with others, are calling for the 22-year-old to be given a run in the side, even when Madrid’s litany of injured stars return.

"

At current market values, Jese looks cheap at this price range, and six months of good form in an Arsenal shirt will see his value rocket for Wenger.

Madridistas have always held the youth product close to their hearts, and his exit will see many fans upset at the Bernabeu.

Cavani Considering PSG Exit

Long-term Arsenal target Edinson Cavani appears to be ready to exit current club Paris Saint-Germain.

According to French newspaper L'Equipe (h/t James Phillips of the Daily Star), the player is hesitant at returning to the capital city after the recent terror attacks.

Uruguay team-mate Alvaro Gonzalez confirmed Cavani's reluctance in a press conference, per L'Equipe, alerting the Gunners to his potential availability.

The 28-year-old has been in excellent form for the Ligue 1 champions this term, scoring seven goals in 12 league appearances, per WhoScored.com.

Wenger decided against signing a primary striker in the summer, but the lack of availability of a top name was probably the motivation for this, rather than his desire to not strengthen.

Jese and Cavani would be a dangerous blend in the Arsenal attack; Both players are technically blessed and would bring a credible goal threat to the Premier League.

If Wenger could snare the pair in January, the Gunners would be on course to land silverware and prepared in advance for a summer of squad building with top signings already at the club.

Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports
United States v Japan - International Friendly
FIFA World Cup 2026 Venues - New York New Jersey Stadium

TRENDING ON B/R