
Sepp Blatter Hospitalized: Latest Details on Suspended FIFA President
Suspended FIFA President Sepp Blatter has confirmed his Nov. 11 admittance to hospital was for reasons of a serious nature. He has since been discharged.
Continue for updates.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
Blatter Comments on Health Issues
Monday, Nov. 23
“I was very close [to death],” he told Swiss TV channel RTS (h/t Guardian Sport). “I was among the angels singing and the devil with the fire. But it was the angels who sang.
“The pressure was enormous," Blatter added. "If you are strong mentally, you can resist, but at some point the body says ‘no’, and here the body has reacted badly.”
FIFA Figurehead Relaxed After Hospital Release
Thursday, Nov. 12
"He is very happy and he is relaxing a few days," former publicist Klaus Stoelhker said, per BBC Sport.
Blatter had been admitted for what was referred to as a "small emotional breakdown."
Blatter Defiant Over FIFA Presidency
Wednesday, Nov. 11
"My brain and my heart are always fine, my body is letting me down. I remain elected president of 209 member associations and no ethics committee can take me out of position," he said, per Sky News' Paul Kelso.
The 79-year-old is currently serving a 90-day suspension as he is investigated over corruption allegations. His 17-year tenure as FIFA's president will come to an end in February, following the election of his successor, for which there are five confirmed candidates.
Blatter was suspended along with UEFA President Michel Platini as a result of an investigation into a €2 million (£1.35 million) payment made to the Frenchman for consultation work.



.jpg)







