
Arsenal Transfer News: Latest on Moussa Konate and Rafinha Rumours
Arsenal are reportedly interested in signing FC Sion forward Moussa Konate—but will face stiff competition from rivals Chelsea for his signature.
According to Calciomercato (via Liam Corless of the Mirror), the pair "will go head-to-head" in the race to sign the 22-year-old.
Konate enjoyed some prolific form last season, notching 22 goals and six assists in all competitions as he helped his side to the Swiss Cup. The forward has been similarly ruthless so far this campaign, making the net bulge seven times already and laying on five goals for his team-mates.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
African football expert Neil Greig named Konate among the outstanding Senegalese players to have emerged in recent years, and the others all ply their trade in the Premier League:
Fellow expert Alexander Bertin notes his impressive goalscoring record for Senegal:
Arsenal would benefit immensely from the addition of a prolific frontman.
Alexis Sanchez's return to form with a hat-trick on Saturday and the fact Theo Walcott and Olivier Giroud also got on the scoresheet in the same match against Leicester City will have restored some optimism among Arsenal fans, but to have a realistic chance of challenging for the title and in Europe, another striker is still needed.
Konate's form is encouraging, and he could be ready for a step up to a higher level, but stepping up to Arsenal could be one too far at this point for the youngster, who is yet to prove himself at the top level.
If he can be acquired relatively cheaply, he could certainly be a useful addition. But at this moment in time, he's not the player to pin hopes of silverware on.
Bayern Munich's Rafinha Set to See Out Contract
Bayern Munich right-back and previous Arsenal target Rafinha has hinted he once turned down a move to the Emirates Stadium and has reaffirmed his desire to see out his contract with the Bundesliga giants, per InsideFutbol (h/t Chisanga Malata of the Daily Star).

He said:
"The Premier League is a top league. But I have two more years at Bayern and I plan to stay here for at least this period. My agent has told me that he has been approached by some English clubs. But I decided to renew my contract with Bayern and those English clubs went away.
"
As B/R's own Clark Whitney noted, Rafinha is Bayern boss Pep Guardiola's first-choice right-back, even ahead of the exceptional Philipp Lahm:
"Great assist there from Weiser. I'd say he'd make a good RB for Bayern, but if Lahm can't displace Rafinha in Pep's eyes, no-one can
— Clark Whitney (@Mr_Bundesliga) May 16, 2015"
Arsenal are well-stocked in his position, though, with Mathieu Debuchy and Hector Bellerin providing a good balance of pace, creativity and competitiveness, so missing out on Rafinha isn't a huge blow.
Further, the Brazilian is now 30, meaning he will be almost 32 come the end of his contract, so it's likely Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has moved onto to other targets and almost certainly will have by 2017.
Whitney may be right: Rafinha could well remain at Bayern for the rest of his career.



.jpg)







