NFLNBAMLBNHLWNBASoccerGolf
Featured Video
Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢
MANCHESTER, ENGLAND - APRIL 04:  Marcos Rojo of Manchester United chases the ball during the Barclays Premier League match between Manchester United and Aston Villa at Old Trafford on April 4, 2015 in Manchester, England.  (Photo by Jan Kruger/Getty Images)
MANCHESTER, ENGLAND - APRIL 04: Marcos Rojo of Manchester United chases the ball during the Barclays Premier League match between Manchester United and Aston Villa at Old Trafford on April 4, 2015 in Manchester, England. (Photo by Jan Kruger/Getty Images)Jan Kruger/Getty Images

Manchester United Transfer News: Marcos Rojo Bust-Up Claims, Keylor Navas Latest

Tom SunderlandSep 1, 2015

Reports have surfaced claiming Manchester United's Marcos Rojo could find his Old Trafford future in doubt following a clash with manager Louis van Gaal, but the Red Devils may still sign Real Madrid stopper Keylor Navas.

Rojo is yet to feature for United this season after struggling to attain full fitness following Argentina's Copa America campaign. The defender told ESPN Radio of a previous bust-up with Van Gaal, adding offers have come in for his signature, per the Daily Mail's Dominic King:

"I have received offers but my idea is to stay here [United] and fight for a position because it is a great club. I'll try to play as much as possible. I talked to Van Gaal when I returned and was upset by everything that had happened, but he said he was counting on me."

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports
Argentina's defender Marcos Rojo celebrates after scoring against Paraguay during their Copa America semifinal football match in Concepcion, Chile on June 30, 2015.  AFP PHOTO / YURI CORTEZ        (Photo credit should read YURI CORTEZ/AFP/Getty Images)

The news will come as a shock to those at Old Trafford after Rojo established himself as one of United's superior options at centre-back following a £16 million switch from Sporting Lisbon last summer.

FourFourTwo's Sam Pilger dubbed it "inconceivable" the Argentina defender could leave the club after only 12 months in England, though King mentioned Valencia as one of the outfits interested in his services:

The 25-year-old made 22 Premier League appearances for the Red Devils in his maiden campaign with the club, but a 60-minute display for the club's under-21s against Ajax last Thursday has been his only involvement this term.

King added that Rojo was fined £140,000 earlier this summer for missing United's pre-season tour due to passport issues, but Samuel Luckhurst of the Manchester Evening News described his fitness issues as "unacceptable":

Daley Blind and Chris Smalling have emerged as the centre-back pairing of choice in Rojo's absence this season, while Jonny Evans recently completed a move to West Bromwich Albion to shorten options in central defence.

That departure makes a Rojo exit that much more unlikely considering the club was left short-handed in that area at the beginning of the 2014-15 campaign.

With no centre-back replacement in sight, Van Gaal may be forced to look past his unfortunate encounter with the player and persevere with Rojo if United are to make the most of their 2015-16 season.

Keylor Navas Deal Hangs in the Balance

OSLO, NORWAY - August 9: Keylor Navas of Real Madrid before  Pre-season Friendly  match between Vaalerenga and Real Madrid at Ullevaal Stadion on August  9, 2015 in Oslo, Norway.  (Photo by Trond Tandberg/Getty Images)

Despite David De Gea's Manchester United departure ultimately collapsing at the 11th hour of the Spanish transfer deadline, Real's Navas may yet make the move to Old Trafford on Tuesday.

Spanish newspaper Marca explained De Gea's £29 million move to the Bernabeu didn't go through after the Spanish Professional League failed to receive all necessary paperwork on time.

Keylor Navas of Real Madrid during the AUDI Cup final match between Real Madrid and FC Bayern Munich on August 5, 2015 at the Allianz Arena in Munich, Germany(Photo by VI Images via Getty Images)

However, the Premier League deadline doesn't pass until 6 p.m. BST on Tuesday, leaving United with sufficient time to make a move for Navas should they still seek his talents.

James Ducker of the Times confirmed Navas may still make his exit from the Spanish capital, adding that United remain convinced the De Gea sale did in fact go through on time:

Pete Jenson, Simon Jones and Adam Crafton of the Daily Mail reported the cash value of the deal as £19 million, with £10 million-rated Navas moving to Manchester for an overall transfer value of £29 million.

Old Trafford fans may have mourned the loss of such a talented stopper, but BBC Sport's Andy West hailed the pedigree of Real's Costa Rica No. 1, who he proclaimed is deserving of a new opportunity to star:

It would be difficult to envision the deal coming to fruition without De Gea making his move to the Bernabeu, while United may also be adamant to stick with Sergio Romero if De Gea were to remain.

Van Gaal now faces a dilemma in whether to bring De Gea back into the fold for what's likely to be the last stretch of his United career or look to the future in promoting another of the club's stoppers.

Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports
United States v Japan - International Friendly
FIFA World Cup 2026 Venues - New York New Jersey Stadium

TRENDING ON B/R