
Dylan Stewart Injury Update, Latest on Potential Top-10 NFL Draft Pick Before South Carolina Opener
South Carolina head coach Shane Beamer revealed that it's unrealistic to think pass-rusher Dylan Stewart will be ready for the beginning of the 2026 season, per Lulu Kesin of the Greenville News.
On3.com's Chris Low also reported that Stewart and offensive tackle Jacarrius Peak were unlikely to suit up in the Gamecocks' season-opener on Sept. 5.
Expectations are high for the 20-year-old Stewart, as he was projected to be selected with the No. 9 overall pick in the latest 2027 mock draft from Bleacher Report's NFL Scouting Department.
TOP NEWS

ACC Preview & Predictions ๐ฎ

Big 12 Preview and Predictions ๐ฎ

Complete Big Ten Preview ๐
Stewart has continued to deal with aย back injuryย that he suffered during the 2025 season.
While he still appeared in 11 of South Carolina's 12 games last year, he missed all of the team's spring practices while recovering from the back issue.
Beamer previously gave an update on Stewart's injury in April.
"Continue to just get well with his injury. It's one of those that just needs rest right now," Beamer said at the time, per On3.com'sย Jack Veltri. "Kind of the same thing I told you guys a few weeks ago. He just needs to rest. It's not like we send him to a doctor, and he makes a couple of adjustments and he's good to go and he jumps right back into the weight room. He just needs to rest. That's the plan for him right now."
Stewart was productive despite playing through the injury last season, finishing with 33 tackles and 12 tackles for loss to go along with 4.5 sacks. He also amassed three forced fumbles and two passes defended.
South Carolina will open its 2026 campaign against Kent State on Sept. 5.







.jpg?w=2560)

.jpg?w=2560)

