
French Open 2026 Prize Money Won't Change Ahead of Tournament at Roland-Garros, Director Says
Despite complaints from players regarding the revenue share of the French Open, the status quo will remain.
Per the Associated Press, tournament director Amelie Mauresmo said Thursday that the French Open prize money will not change this year.
French Open organizers allegedly reduced the players' share of revenue to just 14.3 percent, well below the standard 22 percent at ATP and WTA events.
TOP NEWS

Beasley to Play for K-State TBT Team ✨

USA Beats Germany at World Championships

Hockey World Championship Results 🌎
Many players competing at Roland Garros, where play begins on Sunday, planned a media boycott in which they will limit their interaction with reporters to 15 minutes during the traditional pre-tournament media day on Friday. Top-ranked Aryna Sabalenka and No. 4 Coco Gauff were among the players who expressed support in a boycott of the Grand Slams if players don't receive proper compensation.
Mauersmo expressed confidence in a resolution, as a meeting between tournament organizers and the players and their representatives is expected on Friday. However, she definitively said there won't be any changes coming to the prize money this year.
"No, we are not going to change anything," she said. "We are going to initiate discussions, and that is what everyone wants."
Still, that is not likely to satisfy the players, who say last year's French Open "generated 395 million euros in 2025, a 14 percent year-on-year increase, yet prize money rose by just 5.4 percent, reducing players' share of revenue to 14.3 percent," per the Associated Press.
"I'm not going to tell you that everything will be resolved with the snap of a finger," Mauresmo said. "But the discussions will continue, probably after the tournament."



.jpg)






