
Kevin Durant Burner Saga Reportedly Was Addressed by Rockets Players, 'Emotional Roller Coaster'
Kevin Durant's Houston Rockets teammates reportedly addressed and moved past a rumored KD burner account that was critical of some Rockets players this season.
Speaking Friday on Brian Windhorst and The Hoop Collective (beginning at the 1:03:10 mark), ESPN's Tim MacMahon talked about how the X burner situation was handled (h/t HoopsHype.com).
"And look, that was, thereย was a discussion had among the playersย and they moved on from it, is what I wasย told," MacMahon said. "But like that's part of the KDย when I say there's been an emotionalย roller coaster with KD this season.ย That's obviously a big part ofย it."
TOP NEWS

New 2026 NBA Mock Draft ๐ฎ

Rivers Challenges Draymond ๐จ

1 Immediate Thing Every Team Would Do In FA ๐
Per Dan Treacy of Sporting News, it has not been publicly confirmed that the burner account belongs to Durant, but KD "passed on the opportunity to clear the air when asked by reporters."
The account in question took multiple shots at Rockets players this season, including Alperen ลengรผn and Jabari Smith Jr.
Additionally, the account reportedly took aim at Phoenix Suns guard Devin Booker, who was previously Durant's teammate for parts of three seasons.
Although there is no solid proof that Durant is running the account, he has been linked to burners in the past and has admitted to using them.
The 37-year-old Durant is in the midst of his first season with the Rockets following an offseason trade with the Suns that sent Dillon Brooks, Jalen Green and draft picks to Phoenix.
A 16-time All-Star, four-time scoring champion, two-time NBA champion, two-time NBA Finals MVP, one-time NBA MVP and future first-ballot Hall of Famer, Durant was his usual, productive self during the 2025-26 regular season.
Appearing in his most games (78) since the 2018-19 season, KD averaged 26.0 points, 5.5 rebounds, 4.8 assists and 2.4 three-pointers made per contest, Durant helped the Rockets secure the No. 5 seed in the Western Conference at 52-30.
However, the Rockets fell behind 3-0 to the Los Angeles Lakers in their first-round playoff series, and although Houston has rebounded to make it a 3-2 deficit, Durant has appeared in only one of the five postseason games due to injury.
Durant is also expected to miss Friday's Game 6 because of an ankle ailment, per ESPN's Shams Charania, leaving the Rockets without arguably their best player in a win-or-go-home scenario.
Given that the Rockets were expected to be championship contenders this season following the acquisition of Durant, a second straight first-round playoff exit would be considered a massive failure, and their viability moving forward would perhaps have to be questioned.


.jpg)




