Mark Cuban told his side of the DeAndre Jordan signing saga in an extended message to Dallas Mavericks fans Friday morning, and the 26-year-old center took to Twitter Friday evening to apologize to Cuban and the Mavs after re-signing with the Los Angeles Clippers:
Tim MacMahon of ESPN provided Cuban's response to the apology:
Cuban previously gave a play-by-play account of his late recruitment of Jordan via the Cyber Dust application, as Baseball Prospectus' Kenny Ducey captured:
After previously agreeing to join the Mavericks on a four-year, $80 million deal, according to Yahoo Sports' Marc J. Spears, Jordan decided to opt for the friendly confines of Staples Center and ink a four-year max deal worth approximately $88 million, according to ESPN.com.
"It’s a lot of pressure," Mavericks small forward Chandler Parsons told ESPN.com's Tim MacMahon. "Maybe he got nerves about being a franchise player and having the pressure of leading a team. He’s very comfortable in L.A. He can play behind Chris Paul, play behind Blake Griffin. That’s what I thought he didn’t want."
According to MacMahon, Cuban later discussed the potential silver lining regarding Jordan's misdirection on The Ben and Skin Show:
After swinging and missing on Jordan, the Mavericks turned to the trade market and secured a solid replacement for Tyson Chandler in the form of Zaza Pachulia, according to ESPN.com's Marc Stein. All it took was a second-round pick.
The Mavericks are reportedly close to adding point guard Deron Williams to their talent stockpile, too, after the Brooklyn Nets agreed to buy out $27.5 million of the remaining $43.3 million on his deal, per Stein.
While a rivalry between the Clippers and Mavs is just beginning, it's refreshing to see both sides come forward with their respective thoughts on the situation.