
John Cena Touts 'Unpredictability' of Heel Storyline; WWE Rumors on Andrade, Giulia
Bleacher Report catches you up on the latest news from the WWE Universe.
Cena Talks Future of Heel Character
In the wake of his shocking heel turn at Elimination Chamber last month, John Cena suggested this week that there will be many more twists and turns to come.
Speaking to Sean Neumann and Jackie Fields of People, Cena refused to provide any spoilers regarding where his storyline is going next, but he suggested that fans won't see it coming, saying:
"I'm going to say that there's more unpredictability on the way. Here's the stance I'm going to take on it, and I think hopefully I can put it in terms you can understand: We're in the middle of a very riveting season of episodic television and you are kindly asking me to give you spoilers, and I can't do that."
Given that he had been a beloved babyface for over two decades, few could have predicted what Cena would do at Elimination Chamber.
After winning the men's Elimination Chamber match to earn a WWE Championship bout against Cody Rhodes at WrestleMania 41, Cena brutally attacked Rhodes at the behest of The Rock.
In the weeks since then, Cena has blamed the fans for his actions, suggesting that their selfishness and lack of true support drove him to the dark side.
On Monday's episode of Raw, Cena and Rhodes had a heated promo segment in which they took several personal shots at each other. It concluded with Cody laying Cena out with Cross Rhodes.
That angle went a long way toward adding more heat and animosity to the rivalry, and it undoubtedly succeeded in getting fans even more excited for their WrestleMania match.
If there is additional unpredictability to come, as Cena suggests, it should make for a highly entertaining stretch run to WrestleMania 41.
Andrade Segment Reportedly Cut from SmackDown
A segment involving Andrade that may have had something to do with the impending debut for Rey Fenix was reportedly cut from a recent episode of SmackDown.
According to WrestleVotes (h/t Steve Carrier of Ringside News), on the March 21 edition of SmackDown in Bologna, Italy, there was originally supposed to be a backstage segment involving Andrade and SmackDown general manager Nick Aldis.
During the segment, Aldis reportedly would have told Andrade there is "new talent" coming to SmackDown and that he wanted Andrade to work with the new Superstar first.
Instead, the segment never happened, and there is no indication that it is ever going to at this point.
While the specific name of the talent was not mentioned, it may have been in reference to Fenix, who is scheduled to make his SmackDown debut this week after weeks of teaser vignettes.
Fenix, who is the brother of Raw Superstar Penta, recently signed with WWE after spending nearly six years in AEW.
Penta has acclimated well to WWE and gotten over as a big-time babyface, and Fenix has a chance to do the same thanks to his electric, fast-paced move set.
Due to his vast experience working with luchadores in Mexico, Andrade would have been a logical choice for Fenix's first rivalry and match on SmackDown.
While there could conceivably still be something in the works between Fenix and Andrade, it may not happen right away given the decision to axe the interaction with Aldis.
Giulia Reportedly Not Training at WWE PC Amid Injury Rumors
More information came to light this week regarding Giulia's recent absence from WWE programming.
According to Fightful Select's Sean Ross Sapp (h/t Carrier), sources at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, said Giulia has been present at the PC, but not participating in classes or drills.
One source told Sapp that Giulia may be dealing with "a possible ankle thing," but that hasn't been confirmed.
It was initially reported by Bryan Alvarez of Wrestling Observer Live (h/t Carrier) that Giulia was injured and potentially handling a minor visa issue as well, but WWE pushed back on one aspect of that report.
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (h/t Carrier) reported last week that WWE denied the accuracy of Giulia being "banged up" with an injury.
At NXT Roadblock last month, WWE surprisingly booked a title vs. title match between then-NXT women's champion Giulia and NXT women's North American champion Stephanie Vaquer.
Vaquer won the match to become a double champion, and Giulia has not been seen on NXT programming since then.
This week, Vaquer vacated the NXT Women's North American Championship, and it will be on the line in a ladder match at Stand & Deliver. Meanwhile, Jordynne Grace and Jaida Parker are jockeying for an NXT women's title opportunity against Vaquer.
Given that Stand & Deliver is just a couple of weeks away at this point, it seems likely that there is some type of outside factor keeping Giulia out of action and away from NXT's biggest event of the year.
Listen to Ring Rust Radio for all of the hot wrestling topics. Catch the latest episode in the player below.


.jpg)






.png)
.jpg)

