
Brie Bella, Takeover and Latest WWE NXT Developmental News
Brie Bella, like many fans, can't wait to see the women at WWE NXT get a shot on the main roster. She recently revealed how much she's been pulling for Charlotte and company lately.
Does her sway with WWE lead to Brie taking on some of NXT's top female wrestlers? That is yet to be determined. For now, we know that the women's division at Full Sail University has a high-profile supporter in the former Divas champ.
Which city is hosting the next Takeover special, WWE's eyeing talents abroad and the newest Tough Enough developments round out the latest NXT news.
NXT Special Coming to New York
1 of 5NXT continues its expansion beyond the Florida borders. For the first time ever, a live Takeover special will go on the road.
Triple H announced on Twitter that NXT is coming to Brooklyn, New York, on Aug. 22 for the next Takeover event. He noted that the Barclays Center will host.
That arena's size and the makeup of New York fans are sure to give the show a much different feel. That will lead to an electric atmosphere.
It also offers NXT prospects a major growing opportunity. With as famous as New York fans are for being passionate and loud, the event is sure to feel more like a WWE pay-per-view than anything most of the prospects will have experienced.
Tryouts in Japan
2 of 5NXT's presence in Japan over the weekend went beyond Finn Balor's knocking off Kevin Owens for the NXT Championship.
Officials were also reportedly looking out for wrestlers to bring aboard. PWInsider's Mike Johnson reported, "While in Japan, WWE will be holding a tryout for Japanese talents."
There have been unconfirmed reports from outlets such as Wrestling Inc. on who might have been involved, but nothing solid enough to sink one's teeth into yet.
The company's being more open to recruiting Japanese wrestlers is a welcome sight. The country is filled with masters of the mat. The key will be finding those willing to make the jump that Hideo Itami did and those who would best connect with the WWE audience.
Tough Enough Updates
3 of 5Beyond the standard weekly elimination, Tough Enough saw a shakeup with its cast.
Dianna Dahlgren left the show because of personal issues. WWE then decided to even things up by bringing back someone who didn't make the final cut. PWInsider's Steven Fernandes reports, "Lance Storm trainee Chelsea Green has been bought back for the Tough Enough competition."
She will have an advantage in the ring over her competition moving forward. Green has experience on the indy circuit.
She's known to most WWE fans as the woman who played Daniel Bryan's physical therapist on Raw last year.
And on the latest show, fans voted off Daria Berenato. The MMA fighter struggled with the entrance challenge, which led to her early exit.
Brie Bella Wants the NXT Women on the Main Roster
4 of 5Both Brie and Nikki Bella have been singing the praises of the NXT women's division. That continued in a recent interview when Brie said she's been lobbying to get some fresh talent to come to WWE proper.
Brie told Female First, "My sister and I were begging [Vince McMahon] for more Divas to come up to the main roster from NXT after WrestleMania, but they have to wrap up their stories there which can sometimes be why it doesn't happen immediately and as fast as we'd like."
She also joked that she would like all of them to get promoted but did mention Charlotte, Sasha Banks, Bayley and Becky Lynch by name.
As much as those women will outshine her in the ring, it's understandable that Brie wants them around. Their arrival promises a deeper, more exciting division.
Although WWE has made it clear it's most comfortable with the Bellas at the top of the ladder, Brie shouldn't get too comfortable there. That influx of talent is poised to push her and Nikki off that spot.
Owner Selling Former WWE Developmental Territory
5 of 5A power shift will change what used to be WWE's developmental home base. Ohio Valley Wrestling is changing owners with Danny Davis stepping away.
OVW announced on its official website, "Davis will immediately step away from the company he founded." The announcement mentioned that a new investor will take over.
What was once home to a young John Cena and Brock Lesnar is set to look a lot different. Someone with a new vision for the company is set to come in.
NXT's growth has made it difficult for promotions such as this. WWE no longer needs something such as OVW or Deep South Wrestling to help it build talent. It has its own system in place.


.jpg)






.jpg)
.png)

