
Mo Farah Says He'll Leave Coach Alberto Salazar If Doping Allegations Are True
Mo Farah spoke Tuesday on the controversy surrounding coach Alberto Salazar, denying any wrongdoing and confirming he will leave Salazar if the allegations are proven true.
The 32-year-old British long-distance runner previously told reporters he had full confidence in Salazar and that he wouldn't leave him, per BBC Sport, but on Tuesday, Farah seemed less sure.
Sky Sports shared these comments from the interview:
Sky News provided more details:
Salazar is currently under investigation by the United States Anti-Doping Agency after allegations were made against him in a BBC Panorama documentary (via the Guardian's Sean Ingle). Kara Goucher, who one trained with Farah under Salazar, spoke during the documentary, and she told Ingle “multiple sources” have since come forward to aid Usada in its investigation.
She also urged Farah to reconsider his decision to continue working with Salazar, warning him that the allegations would rub off on the athlete, and he would be “labelled something for the rest of your life."
Salazar, meanwhile, has denied any wrongdoing and has promised his full cooperation with the investigation, although he refused to answer whether he would be willing to speak to the investigators while under oath.
Farah has found plenty of success during his time working with Salazar, setting a new indoor two-mile world record earlier this season, as well as the European half-marathon record. The BBC Panorama documentary never accused the veteran athlete of anything, but his link with Salazar will undoubtedly fuel speculation.
It's unfortunate for Farah, who has never tested positive for any kind of doping, but until he breaks with coach Salazar, those rumours won't be going anywhere.

.jpg)







