NFLNBAMLBNHLWNBASoccerGolf
Featured Video
🚨 Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals
LONDON, ENGLAND - MAY 25:  Marco Reus of Borussia Dortmund in action during the UEFA Champions League final match between Borussia Dortmund and FC Bayern Muenchen at Wembley Stadium on May 25, 2013 in London, United Kingdom.  (Photo by Alex Livesey/Getty Images)
LONDON, ENGLAND - MAY 25: Marco Reus of Borussia Dortmund in action during the UEFA Champions League final match between Borussia Dortmund and FC Bayern Muenchen at Wembley Stadium on May 25, 2013 in London, United Kingdom. (Photo by Alex Livesey/Getty Images)Alex Livesey/Getty Images

Real Madrid Transfer News: Buzz Surrounding Marco Reus and Major Blancos Rumours

Rob BlanchetteJan 17, 2015

Marco Reus' agent has moved swiftly to rubbish reports saying that the Borussia Dortmund winger has signed a deal with Real Madrid to become their next Galactico.

Vaishali Bhardwaj of Metro quotes Dirk Hebel and BVB strongly refuting the claims, saying Spanish publication El Confidencial's Reus report is "blatant nonsense."

Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke also slammed the story, telling Bild: "There is nothing to it."

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports

El Confidential claimed that the superstar had signed a five-year deal with Los Blancos, worth £103,000 per week, per Jamie Sanderson of Metro.

However, Watzke recently stated a decision over Reus' future would not drag on and be made in due course, as quoted by Stephen Uersfeld of ESPNFC:

"

I still have the hope that he stays with us for a long time. But if he decides differently, that's the way it is. One of the challenges in football is to benefit from changes in the squad or create other things.

I can understand that he first wants to play again. He will then see where it's all headed and make a decision. That's just normal, and it will happen soon. Whether it'll be four or eight weeks, our luck does not depend on it.

"

Reus has been plagued by injury in recent times; he missed his country's dramatic World Cup success in Brazil and is currently sidelined with an ankle problem.

The attacker has only managed nine appearances in the Bundesliga and Europe for the Westfalenstadion club this season. BVB have crashed down the table into a relegation dogfight, but the player has still managed to score six goals and provide three assists in all competitions, per WhoScored.com.

Dortmund have desperately missed their talisman this season, and it will only be a matter of time before we learn if Reus wants to stay and help rebuild his club's reputation. 

But pundit Jan Aage Fjortoft claims that Reus will continue his career at BVB after sporting director Michael Zorc stated that the club will not sell their best players:

ISTANBUL, TURKEY - OCTOBER 22:  Marco Reus of Dortmund runs with the ball the UEFA Champions League group D match between Glatasaray AS and Borussia Dortmund at Ali Sami Yen Spor Kompleksi on October 22, 2014 in Istanbul, Turkey.  (Photo by Lars Baron/Get

Despite the latest news, it is unlikely Madrid will rest until they get their man.

Reus would bring pace to the attack that Angel Di Maria previously added, and the player would fit in perfectly with the styles of Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale.

Football journalist Rafael Hernandez hit out at Barcelona over Reus' potential move to their fiercest rivals, saying the player favoured a move to Camp Nou, but the Catalan club were "inept" at following up their interest in the attacker:

In other Real transfer news, full-back Alvaro Arbeloa could be on his way back to the Premier League, with reports in Spain claiming that Chelsea want the defender.

Jamie Anderson of the Express says that Jose Mourinho is "keen to be reunited" with the 32-year-old he managed during his time as the Galactico's coach.

Arbeloa is a former Liverpool player and is said to be keen on a move, per Anderson, with the veteran having to decide whether to go back to Anfield for a second stint or settle on a transfer to London with the Blues or Arsenal.

Arsene Wenger desperately needs to add experience and quality to his back line, and Arbeloa would bring know-how to the Frenchman's defence.

Arbeloa is an underrated talent and has spent much of his time since moving back to the Spanish capital in 2009 as an unsung hero. He struggled in Liverpool's team initially but soon put together a strong run of consistent and solid performances.

And at 32 years old, there are still miles left in the tank—but it is questionable whether there is a starting place for him in any of England's top sides.

At Chelsea, if Mourinho really does want to acquire the player, he simply would not be first choice. Liverpool or Arsenal would be better fits for the Spaniard, as their need for a cool and calm operator is much greater. 

🚨 Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports
United States v Japan - International Friendly
FIFA World Cup 2026 Venues - New York New Jersey Stadium

TRENDING ON B/R