
Milan Transfer News and Rumours Tracker: Week of September 22
This past week on the market was about one player who could have arrived, one who may yet come and one who could stay at AC Milan.
You may remember Jonathan Biabiany, the 26-year-old winger from Parma who posed for an official photo in Milan colours, only for the team to call off the move hours later.
Defender Cristian Zaccardo was supposed to go the other way in the swap deal, and he could not agree to terms with Parma.
But there was another bit of news hidden from the press: a cardiac problem discovered on Biabiany.
Milan's medical team made the discovery and sent the player back.
Let's assess the latest news.
Jonathan Biabiany out Indefinitely
1 of 3
Parma general manager Pietro Leonardi says Biabiany will be out of action for an indeterminate amount of time. "Jonathan will only get back on to the field when we have total safety for his health," he said this past Thursday, per Football Italia.
Leonardi admitted that "we left out some truths over the last few days" out of respect for the player.
Parma president Tommaso Ghirardi had just last week made it seem like the move to Milan was simply not pre-ordained. "Milan are not in his destiny," Ghirardi told Sky Sport Italia (h/t Football Italia).
But it was really his medical condition. After returning to Parma, the club did some further testing and decided to shut him down.
Suso Reportedly a Done Deal
2 of 3
The deal for 20-year-old Spanish midfielder Suso seems like much more of a certainty.
Gianluca Di Marzio reported last week that Suso has agreed to a four-year deal with Milan. It is not yet known whether he will be sold to Milan for a "small financial package" in January or if he will join for free next summer.
Suso spent last season on loan at La Liga club Almeria. He has only appeared 20 times for Liverpool since his debut in 2012.
But Suso did tell the Liverpool Echo in June that "I will only renew with Liverpool if I’m guaranteed I’ll play regularly." He is a highly-rated Spanish U-21 international who likes to attack and set the tempo.
Nigel De Jong Likely to Stay
3 of 3
Nigel De Jong is AC Milan's most important player, and it is looking like he will sign a contract extension with Milan soon.
He was recently linked with Manchester United, and he told Il Giornale (h/t Sky Sports) that he was proud of the interest.
But the 29-year-old wants to end his career with Milan. There is an appointment this week between Milan and his agent.
In June, the mood was different. De Jong told ANP (h/t Football Italia) that he still had to choose whether to stay or go. Clarence Seedorf was just sacked as coach and things were uncertain. "I’m at a big club but I just want to know what the plan is for next season," he said.
Coach Pippo Inzaghi is now here. Perhaps De Jong now has a clearer idea.






.jpg)







