NFLNBANHLMLBWNBARoland-GarrosSoccer
Featured Video
Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢
Claudio Villa/Getty Images

Juventus Transfer News and Rumours Tracker: Week of September 8

Adam DigbySep 8, 2014

At Juventus, there were some interesting—if only minor—changes to the squad on transfer deadline day.

After the window closed, speculation surrounding moves in Italy slowed somewhat, but talk has begun again about what the Bianconeri may do in January in light of comments made over the last few days.

First, reports emerged in La Gazzetta dello Sport (via Football Italia) that the club would not sign an attacking player should they miss out on Radamel Falcao.

That proved to be correct, as Juve made no moves after the Colombian opted to join Manchester United.

Over the following slides, we will take a look at what to expect when the transfer window reopens. 

*UPDATED FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 12*

Frederick Sorensen

1 of 10

After coming close to joining Leeds United, Frederick Sorensen has expressed a desire to remain at Hellas Verona beyond this season. The defender joined the club on loan from Juventus last month, and envisioned a more permanent switch in the future as he was unveiled by his new side on Thursday.

"My goal is now to do well with Hellas," he told reporters (h/t GianlucaDiMarzio.com). "I hope I’ll stay here, but we’ll think of my contract at the end of the season."

Juventus to Move for Simone Zaza in January?

2 of 10

After his excellent international debut, TuttoSport believe that Juventus will attempt to bring Simone Zaza to Turin in January, per Forza Italian Football. However, his current club insist the Italian champions will have to spend money in order to secure the 23-year-old.

“Will Zaza go to Juventus? If the Bianconeri want him, in January they can get their wallets out and buy him,” Sassuolo owner Giorgio Squinzi told ANSA (h/t Football Italia). For the moment I just hope he puts two goals past Inter this weekend.”

Fredy Guarin Never Wanted Juventus Move

3 of 10

Fredy Guarin has echoed comments by his agent, stating his love for Inter and insisting he never wanted to leave the club. The player was very close to joining Juventus in January, and was constantly linked with a move away this summer, yet remains with the Nerazzurri.

The Colombian told La Gazzetta dello Sport that he had no desire to leave the San Siro giants, saying (h/t Football Italia):

"

It bothered me to hear people going around saying that at the time, and also in the summer, that I wanted to go to Juventus. I have never wanted to go to Juventus and I will never want to go. I’m happy here, with everything I have. Enough.

"

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports

Juventus Join Chase for Christoph Kramer

4 of 10

Juventus are believed to be monitoring German midfielder Christoph Kramer, joining Liverpool, Manchester United and Real Madrid in their interest of the player. Currently on loan to Borussia Monchengladbach from Bayer Leverkusen, but TalkSport and TuttoMercatoWeb (h/t Forza Italian Football) note that some of the continent's biggest clubs are looking closely at the 23-year-old.

Sassuolo Have No Regrets over Simone Zaza

5 of 10

Simone Zaza has exploded to international prominence this week, shining for Italy as he proved to be a major positive in their win over Norway. The 23-year-old currently plays for Sassuolo, the Neroverdi working hard to keep him as they resolved their co-ownership of the striker with Juventus.

The Bianconeri managed to insert two clauses however, allowing them to bring Zaza to Turin either this summer or in 2016. In an interview with the Gianluca Di Marzio website on Wednesday, Giovanni Carnevali described negotiating with the Italian champions as "a battle, not a negotiation,” despite the good relationship between the clubs.

The Sassuolo CEO was also asked if he regrets agreeing those future fees for a player now firmly in the spotlight, to which he replied:

"

No because we wouldn’t have closed the deal otherwise. Conte wanted to bring either him or Berardi at Juventus, we wanted to keep them both for one more year to continue the tactical project of the coach. So we found this solution.

"

No rush for Gigi Buffon renewal with Juventus

6 of 10

Negotiations between Gigi Buffon and Juventus have begun, with the goalkeeper set for a contract extension. His current deal expires at the end of this season, but his agent insists there is no need to hurry the process along.

Amid talk of new deal which will run until 2017, the Bianconeri captain’s representative Silvano Martina told CalcioNews24 (h/t Football Italia):

"

There is no rush, nor any short-term agreements made. We have an excellent rapport with Juventus, so there will be no problems. Right now I can’t talk about details, as it’s still too early.

Buffon is a key figure at Juventus and still the best goalkeeper in the world.

"

Atalanta Would Not Have Discussed German Denis Move

7 of 10

Atalanta have insisted they would not allowed German Denis to speak to Juventus during the summer transfer window. According to TuttoMercatoWeb, the Bianconeri were interested in the Argentinean striker last month, as per Forza Italian Football

However, their president Antonio Percassi has stated his club would not have entertained a bid for the 32-year-old, telling Bergamo TV (h/t Football Italia):

"

Nothing ever arrived from Juve for Denis, but had that happened then I would have informed them that we would not have even discussed his departure. 

"

Champions League Progression Vital to Juve’s Plans

8 of 10

Juventus must seemingly progress from the group stage of the Champions League in order to make serious investments in January.

Massimiliano Allegri stated just that in Nyon last week, according to ESPN.co.uk:

"

The Champions League is an objective of ours and it's essential that we reach the knockout stage, and then there's the January transfer window and, from March, the competition transforms completely. Once we reach the last 16, we'll try to be ready to face whichever opponents we draw. 

"

UK Press Links Juan Mata to Juventus

9 of 10

Following on from those comments by Allegri, one target to emerge for Juventus is Juan Mata.

The former Chelsea star appears surplus to requirements at Manchester United, and reports in the UK press see the Bianconeri as the favourite for his signature.

A report by John Cross in the Daily Mirror states that the depth of attacking talent at Old Trafford could see the Spaniard become available.

With the club not in the Champions League, Mata would not be cup-tied, either. That makes him an interesting proposition for the Turin giants. 

Fredy Guarin Never Requested a Transfer

10 of 10

The agent of Fredy Guarin claims the midfielder is content at Inter and has never asked to leave the San Siro giants. Despite being strongly linked with Benfica, Real Madrid and Valencia this summer, the Colombian remains with the Nerazzurri following a collapsed move to Juventus last January.

Guarin and Mirko Vucinic were set to swap clubs, but his representative, Marcelo Ferreyra, insists the player has no concerns. He told Calciomercato.com (via Football Italia):

"

I want to make it clear that Guarin never requested a transfer. Fredy is happy at Inter, always has been and will continue to be. We are absolutely not thinking about the transfer market.

Fredy has everything he wants at Inter and has no need to go elsewhere. From what I hear, the offers were received by Inter. Walter Mazzarri will get the best out of him, just as he did last year. 

"
Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports
United States v Japan - International Friendly
FIFA World Cup 2026 Venues - New York New Jersey Stadium

TRENDING ON B/R