Jackson Martinez Reportedly Close to Agreeing Transfer to Chelsea from Porto
The agent of Porto striker Jackson Martinez has reportedly flown into London to secure his client a January move to Chelsea.
As reported by Portuguese newspaper A Bola and via Ben Jefferson of the Express, Jose Mourinho's side will potentially snatch the Colombian forward away from other interested clubs:
"Martinez has been linked with Tottenham and Liverpool as well as the Stamford Bridge outfit but it now appears that Jose Mourinho is in pole position to land the 27-year-old.
"
Earlier this month Porto president Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa denied that but it seems that talks may have occurred since then.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
Henry Pompeo, the player's agent, is said to have jetted in on Nov. 27 to wrap up a high-profile deal for Martinez, who is enjoying a prolific season in both Liga Sagres and the Champions League.
Martinez has racked up 10 goals in 15 starts across all competitions this campaign, per WhoScored.com.
He has scored 40 percent of Porto's goals during their unbeaten run of 10 games to sit one point clear of Sporting Lisbon in Portugal, but it is thought the Estadio do Dragao could be about to lose yet another star name.
Porto fans were helpless as world-class individuals such as Radamel Falcao, Hulk and Joao Moutinho secured big-money transfers to pastures new.
While Martinez is unlikely to drum up the same amount of cash as the aforementioned trio, his pace and power would certainly bolster Chelsea's struggling trio of forwards.
Fernando Torres, Samuel Eto'o and Demba Ba have eight goals between them this season, suggesting additional firepower is needed.
Ex-Braga forward Roland Linz has told Mourinho to pursue the talents of Falcao over the Monaco forward's Colombian counterpart, as reported by O Jogo and via ITV Sport:
"Jackson is good but he can't compare to that," Linz said. "Who can? Falcao is in the top five in the world, if not the best."
Mourinho was widely expected to launch a second bid for Manchester United's Wayne Rooney.
The Red Devils are allegedly eyeing up a new contract for the English forward, reported by James Dickenson of the Express, suggesting Martinez could be an alternate option in the manager's quest for goals.



.jpg)







