Leigh Griffiths Is Sent Back to Wolves After Head-Butting Manager

S. GordonCorrespondent IIMarch 21, 2012

WALSALL, ENGLAND - JULY 19: Leigh Griffiths of Wolves in action during the Pre Season Friendly match betwen Walsall and Wolverhampton Wanderers at Banks' Stadium on July 19, 2011 in Walsall, England.  (Photo by Laurence Griffiths/Getty Images)
Laurence Griffiths/Getty Images

Hibernian striker Leigh Griffiths has played his last game for the club after head-butting manager Pat Fenlon. If that wasn’t enough to seal his future away from the club, he went on to punch assistant manager Billy Brown in a training ground bust up.

The man on loan from Wolves grew up a Hibernian fan, but it has all turned sour and he will now return to The Molineux for the rest of the season.

This bizarre incident isn’t the first trouble this Scottish Under-21 star has been in this year. In a match against Rangers, he was seen using a hand gesture shown towards a Rangers fan which earned him a one-match ban.  

The incident came about after a heated training session, which saw players having to be pulled apart to stop the conflicts in the squad.

After Fenlon addressed the squad, all eyes were on Griffiths who snapped and head-butted his manager knocking off his glasses. This was followed by Griffiths being followed by assistant manager Billy Brown who received a right hook for his attempts to catch up with the player.

We don’t know what was said in the heated argument, but it must have been something ruthless to make even the angriest of players do that to their manager.

Video Play Button
Videos you might like

This troubled youngster is set to have a big future if he can keep his anger issues down to a minimum. He is known for his ability to find the back of the net, but if he can’t keep his head, he will go nowhere in the game.

It is now down to Wolves manager Terry Connor to try and help the youngster focus all of his attention on becoming a better player and not fighting with his teammates and manager.