Fabrice Muamba Speaks for First Time Since Collapse
Associated Press reporter Rob Harris says that a friend of Bolton's Fabrice Muamba has told him the player has been able to speak. Harris posted this update to his Twitter account:
"Friend of Bolton's Fabrice Muamba tells me player has spoken "minimal words" in English & French 2 days after cardiac arrest."
Reports on Monday indicate that Muamba is showing slight signs of improvement. His club and hospital officials issued a joint statement updating the player's condition earlier on Monday.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
"He is showing small signs of improvement. His heart is now beating without the help of medication and he is also moving his arms and his legs," the statement said.
"However, his long-term prognosis will remain unclear for some time. He is still critically ill and will continue to be closely monitored and treated by staff in the London Chest Hospital's intensive care unit."
Muamba collapsed on the pitch just before halftime during Bolton's FA Cup match against Tottenham on Saturday. The 23-year-old has been in the hospital since his collapse.
Muamba began his career in Arsenal's youth academy. He subsequently spent two seasons at Birmingham before moving to Bolton in June of 2008. Muamba has made more than 130 appearances since joining the Trotters.



.jpg)







