The 25 Best Dressed Players in the NHL
Most people assume the NHL is mostly missing teeth, mullets and oversized jerseys. Maybe that was the case years ago but it certainly isn't anymore. Today many of the NHL's finest look just as at home on a red carpet as they do on the ice.
As proof, I present the top 25 best dressed players in the NHL.
25. Shane O'Brien, Nashville Predators
Predators defenseman Shane O'Brien knows how to dress for the occasion and pulls off spiked hair better than most people above the age of 16.
He's clearly impressed that fellow in the striped shirt.
24. Jonathan Toews, Chicago Blackhawks
23. Mike Richards, Los Angeles Kings
22. Shea Weber, Nashville Predators
21. Steven Stamkos, Tampa Bay Lightning
20. P.K. Subban, Montreal Canadiens
19. Jeff Carter, Columbus Blue Jackets
18. Martin Brodeur, New Jersey Devils
Devils' legendary goalie Martin Brodeur is a Renaissance man. Aside from being amazing at hockey and fashionable, according to his Wikipedia page, he's also regarded as a brilliant chef and an engaging raconteur in his spare time.
What's a raconteur? A person who tells anecdotes in a skillful and amusing way.
Check out his website to learn more about things he's great at.
17. Mark Messier
Mark Messier is a hockey god, and he dresses the part.
16. Brooks Laich, Washington Capitals
15. Kevin Bieksa, Vancouver Canucks
14. Drew Doughty, Los Angeles Kings
13. Chris Pronger, Philadelphia Flyers
12. Zach Parise, New Jersey Devils
11. Vincent Lecavalier, Tampa Bay Lightning
10. Jose Theodore, Florida Panthers
9. Jordan Staal, Pittsburgh Penguins & Eric Staal, Carolina Hurricanes
Jordan and Eric Staal
There are actually four Staal brothers and it feels wrong picking just the two of them. Let me break it down: they are all blonde, they all play professional hockey, they are all fine, and they all know how to dress to impress the ladies.
8. Ethan Moreau, Columbus Blue Jackets
Blue Jackets left winger Ethan Moreau looks good on the ice, in a studio and in a wooden room in front of a window.
7. Patrice Bergeron, Boston Bruins
6. Brendan Shanahan
Brendan Shanahan currently works in the NHL office as the league's vice president of hockey and business operations. He looks much better in a suit than a Red Wings jersey.
5. Mike Fisher, Nashville Predators
4. Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins
3. Sean Avery, New York Rangers
2. Patrick Sharp, Chicago Blackhawks
1. Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers
Rangers' goalie Henrik Lundqvist is hands down the best dressed man in the NHL. He's friends with a Swedish princess, he's got a number of blogs devoted to following his every move, he's got a (predictably) gorgeous girlfriend and he's got a twin brother.
Is there anything Henrik Lundqvist doesn't have?